Date of Modify shows current time...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  18:58:44  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Davide: on most of my pages Date of Modify code is correct... only on one page does it show the current date/time, and when I do a refresh in the browser, it continually gets updated.

Any ideas why?

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2010 :  09:05:56  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The "Date of Modify" is a fixed string generated by the program when you export your page; by only refreshing the page in the browser (without exporting it) the "Date of Modify" in the page cannot change.

I suppose you are modifying (and exporting) your page so the Date changes.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2010 :  23:03:26  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, that's not the case for this page... please visit http://pragersoftware.com/purchase.php and you will see that each time you refresh the page, the "Date of Modify" changes! All other pages (index.htm is an example) that have that same code do not change.

R
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2010 :  00:32:17  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's the way PHP works ;-)

Every time you call a PHP page, the webpage is generated by your servers PHP-parser. So the date of modify is right. The page is made over and over again.

Just take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP

--------

regards

Petran

Edited by - petran on 28 Jul 2010 00:35:20
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2010 :  09:14:55  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I supposed; this is not the "Date Of Modify" object of Dynamic HTML Editor ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2010 :  15:58:29  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I didn't realize that it wasn't Davide's code. My apologies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000