Subversion support?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2010 :  20:41:58  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Davide... what are the chances of getting Subversion Version Control support in the next release? Some of us have several sites we are responsible for, and I would hate to have to lose changes.

Please?

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2010 :  11:09:23  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A subversion control support embedded into the program? maybe this would be a very hard feature to implement.
I don't know now, I need to think a bit on this point...

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2010 :  20:04:22  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hope this helps...

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/api/latest/index.html
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2010 :  09:13:17  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
r,
what do you need from a subversion system in D.H.W.E.?

Do you want only to make "labels", "checkin", "checkout"? Or do you want also to make "branches" and "shares"?

Or do you want "only" that D.H.W.E. would be able to connect to a remote server (CVS or other) and make operations for versioning?

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2010 :  23:58:52  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Or do you want "only" that D.H.W.E. would be able to connect to a remote server (CVS or other) and make operations for versioning?"

Yes, that's all we need... the ability to mark which files have been changed (like SVN does) and with a right-click, be able to do a commit of all files that have been changed.
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  09:00:11  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is not so simple; I make some searches in the week-end but the SVN (and other clients) are for "new" languages like .NET and Java.
D.H.W.E. has been written in Visual Basic 6, now abandoned by Microsoft, so I need a compatible client.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000