Dynamic HTML Editor
 What exactly is a C-name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  17:53:14  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to make a site for someone who ownes a domainname www.my-big-company.com.
I have to reserve some webspace with a provider and call it -say- www.here-are-the-pages.com

Now, when someone enters www.my-big-company.com in there browser it has to show the webpage on www.here-are-the-pages.com AND the url shown has to be my-big-company.com

Am I right that this can be done be creating a C-Name for the domain www.here-are-the-pages.com?

Edigital
Master

107 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  21:13:59  Show Profile  Visit Edigital's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are some options: (choose one of them)

1. You can mask the target "www.herearethepages.com" web space

Try using this code below (name it index.htm):

========
<HTML><HEAD>
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="my big company">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="">
<TITLE>My Big Company</TITLE>
<script>
//Hide status bar msg script- by javascriptkit.com
//Visit JavaScript Kit (http://javascriptkit.com) for script
//Credit must stay intact for use
//configure status message to show
var statusmsg="My big Company"

function hidestatus(){
window.status=statusmsg
return true
}

</script>
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET border=0 rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" marginleft=0 margintop=0 marginright=0 marginbottom=0>
<frame src="http://www.herearethepages.com/somedirectory/someindex.php" scrolling=auto frameborder="no" border=0 noresize>
<frame topmargin="0" marginwidth=0 scrolling=no marginheight=0 frameborder="no" border=0 noresize>
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

========

2. To access domain name server and change DNS Zone (with this option you must configure hosting at www.therearethepages.com

3. To use CNAME to redirect to www.therearethepages.com, but you need to mask the target (this option is from server side)

Best Regards!

Edited by - Edigital on 20 Nov 2007 21:30:51
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  09:03:57  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, maybe the best way is to create two frames; the first (that is invisible) contains the big-company.com site (empty); the second (that is at 100%) will contain the here-are-the-pages.com pages.
In the address bar you'll see the big-company.com address.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000