Dynamic HTML Editor
 css errors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joneq
Super User

433 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  00:25:29  Show Profile  Visit joneq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see a lot of sites built with D.H.E. have just this error when validating the css. This is just one of the many..

URI : http://www.spokanetribalcollege.org/Images/services.css
1 img Property behavior doesn't exist : url("png32.htc")
2 input Property behavior doesn't exist : url("png32.htc")

Probably can be ignored[I guess] but it would be better if it did not happen. It is nice to get no errors when validating.One less thing to worry about...

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  09:08:54  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The css is perfectly valid; the png32.htc is used only by Internet Explorer but it is required so I cannot remove it.
Other errors?

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

davidt
Novice

14 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  11:21:20  Show Profile  Visit davidt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes good old internet explorer, I finished uploading pages to a website i am working on containing quite a few interactive flash menus, etc, to my server everything looking okay.

That was until I tried viewing website in I.E. and got the message click to activate and use this control.

Anyone having this problem will know how annoying it is, it meant any viewer wanting to use the flash menus had to click on the menu with an annoying rectangle, round it each time they visited the page again.

Thankfully a quick fix was found on internet, but again it proved how you have to adapt your work to the i.e. browser, firefox is a much more likeable browser to use.
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  13:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This 'click to activate' is actually not the fault of Microsoft and IE. It was the company Eolas that claimed that Michael Doyle who is the president of Eolas invented the embedding part and sued Micrsoft for loading activex components the way they always did.

The lawsuit was won by Eolas and we al suffer for it!

For more info:
http://www.devx.com/webdev/Article/30154

However I believe that Microsoft has made a new deal with Eolas and is going to get rid of this click to activate thing in IE 7 this month.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

davidt
Novice

14 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  14:30:42  Show Profile  Visit davidt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fair point Martin, it just seems in my experience that I suffer more exasperation from Microsoft products directly or indirectly than I do others.
regards
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000