Newbie with a publishing problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pjerard
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2007 :  15:44:44  Show Profile  Visit pjerard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I've created 5 pages for a website, exported them successfully, but every time i try to Publish them I get a generic error message (ie. "there has been an error while uploading ____ file"). Watching the message bar in the Publishing window, it looks like the connection is made and the problem occurs as the first file is being uploaded. I have checked all 6 possible problems as directed by DHE help but this still persists. I have tried creating a simple page with a single rectangle and get the same result when publishing. I have spoken with my host, who successfully published to my account using DHE, so the problem is with me. Any other suggestions?

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2007 :  16:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried activating the option:
Recurse subdirs?

Martin
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2007 :  09:05:59  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Strange problem...
Have you checked your firewall configuration? Maybe D.H.E. cannot connect to the site. Check also the "starting folder", be sure it's correct!

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

pjerard
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2007 :  23:53:17  Show Profile  Visit pjerard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi all. Well , i never figured out the problem, but i did fix it, so all is well. I must have chnaged every field in my ftp profile a dozen times, but as soon as i created a brand new ftp profile and entered the correct values, it worked. Thanks for your help, long live DHE!
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2007 :  09:35:29  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good!

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000