Dynamic HTML Editor
 RollOver image below a GrLabel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Murphy
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  19:01:35  Show Profile  Visit Murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
my name is Murphy and I?m newbie in terms of webdesign so please be patient with me.[3 v]

I have just downloaded your Dynamic HTML Editor yesterday and all I did since then was to arrange various images I created with MSPaints to create some kind of menu or frame for my future website.

Now I stumbled upon two problems that I can?t solve by myself so it would be great if you could help me.

I wanted to reuse some of the buttonimages so I wanted to use the graphical labels on top of them for the text on the buttons.
It works great, but there?s one major flaw:
When the GrLabel is on top of the buttonimage, the rollover effect of the button doesn?t work because the mouse isn?t registrated as "over the button" but as "over the GrLabel", I guess.
Is there a way to keep the rollover effect of the button below the GrLabel and still use the GrLabel as a link?

The page is utterly simple. Its just a frame of buttons I painted in MSPaint and there should be a text in the center of the page that changes if you follow the links in the buttons.
How can I achieve that without having to load the buttonimages everytime I follow a link?
Say, I click on a button called "Info" and I get a nice info-text in the middle of the page without the need to reload all the buttonimages around the text again.
Is that possible somehow?

I?m sorry if my questions are stupid but as I said I?m very new to this. I also hope that you can read what I wrote above, because I?m not a native English speaker so my grammar and spelling is likely to be off. Just ask me if you need more details or if you want me to rephrase certain sentences.

Thanks in advance

Jan van Londen
Super User

Netherlands
208 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  20:55:59  Show Profile  Visit Jan van Londen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Tobias,

Question 1.
You don't have to use buttons at all. Simply add a picture to the page. Then, with the properties of the picture, add an event. Use "onMouseOver" and connect it to the right action.

Bye, Londen.

Bye,
Londen.

Edited by - Jan van Londen on 09 Nov 2006 20:56:24
Go to Top of Page

Murphy
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  21:01:13  Show Profile  Visit Murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your answer Jan,
Sorry for being unclear there. There is no single real button on my website as I used images instead.
I just wrote "button" because they serve as buttons now.

The problem still exists.
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  23:48:11  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lay a 'hotspot' over the buttons/images and attach the events to this hotspot.

A hotspot is always on top.
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  08:26:46  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Q1.without events or hotspots, is also possible! [3 yes] (if it's that effect you mean?)
http://bjazz.eu/DHEBUT
Q2.Use an Iframe (for your txt/stuff) and it wil be okay! [2 H:)]
(but it's not a must,because > what you see on screen is always loaded/cashed, by yr browser.)
With an Iframe only yr tsxt, or whatever in it, changes!

"Happiness" is making -> The <- Choice!

Edited by - Waldorf on 10 Nov 2006 12:35:19
Go to Top of Page

Murphy
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  14:10:15  Show Profile  Visit Murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That mini-website with the cat-sign looks like what I need.
I suppose you did that with the event option of the Label and you set the cat sign the "hide" in the beginning and on "show" later on !?

The problem is, that most of my rollover-images contain transparent areas so you can look through them on a background photo.
If I do it like that, I would only get to see the regular image behind the rollover-one.
I?d have to hide the regular image then and that?s complicated and timeconsuming.

Isn?t there a way to tell an object that it should accept a mouseover although it is below another object? That would be the easiest method for me, if that?s possible.
I could simply use the rollover (and maybe the rollclick) option for the image then without having to add multiple events to each of my images.
If its not possible to have a mouseover registrated by multiple objects at a time, is there at least a way to make the GrLabel ignore such things as if it was below my images although it isn?t?

Thank you Waldorf, I?ll have a look at Iframes.
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  15:21:17  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,Murphy ..and welcome to the DHE board!
no events at all!
when they are at your satisfaction,merge your image and Gr-txt-Label, > see tools-menu!
Name, Hide your overstate images and put them where they don't bother you!
use rollover/click (in the object manager) of your image buttons>choose the overstates you want to show!
tip: imges of same dimensions give a nicer rollover (but not a must)
Simple comme bonjour ;-)

succes

P's there are 2 I frame topics already, where you can find all info!

Edited by - Waldorf on 10 Nov 2006 15:39:09
Go to Top of Page

Murphy
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  16:45:03  Show Profile  Visit Murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would need a sperate image for every menu-item and its rolloverimage then. For example: One image for "Information" and one for "Information-Rollover", one for "Downloads" and one for "Downloads-Rollover" etc.
This would be quite a lot of images.
The basic image is the same however so I could reuse it multiple times with a different GrLabel on them (one GrLabel per two images then) so I could save a lot of space.
All I need is a way to make the mouse go "under" the GrLabel so it isn?t affected by it and it can trigger the rollover and the link of the image below it.

Do you know what I mean?
Would a picture of the unfinished pre-alpha-site help?
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  17:43:27  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is another (2nd) way, but the used space is +/- the same!
Do you find 10KB for 1 nice, complete, working button to much???
10 years ago, yes, but we are 2006 ;-)

Edited by - Waldorf on 10 Nov 2006 17:46:02
Go to Top of Page

Murphy
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  21:22:13  Show Profile  Visit Murphy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the size per button is one thing, but there are many buttons on the page that look exactly alike, so it would be a waste of space to dublicate them. The main problem though is that I need to change every button if I want to update the graphics sometimes. If I simply reused them on the website, I could simply change one of them to achieve the same.

Tell me about the second way, please.[2 ??:-|]
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2006 :  23:31:46  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2nd Meth. is not interesting for what you want to do!
you need a miracle ;-)

Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2006 :  08:45:42  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Again I say "hotspot"
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2006 :  10:09:20  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@TOON
Hot Spot > Much more work, more kb's, for the same result?
"If" a hot spot had a rollover/click function, like a picture, then it would be a great solution! >>> wish list ;-)
Anyway, Murphy is aiming for a fata morgana ;-)

Edited by - Waldorf on 11 Nov 2006 10:56:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000