Slice Picture
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hrvol
Expert

Netherlands
81 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  15:15:00  Show Profile  Visit hrvol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@NL - Ik heb een plaatje (jpeg) van 78kb. Als ik het plaats via Slice Picture krijg ik 16 bestanden met in totaal 480kb. Dat kan toch niet de bedoeling zijn.?

@ENG - I have a picture (jpg) size 78kb. When i place the picture with Slice Picture i geth 16 files, together 480kb. Is this the meaning of fast loading from a picture?

Regards: Henk

arov
Super User

Italy
448 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  16:30:59  Show Profile  Visit arov's Homepage  Reply with Quote
emmmmm... export the jpg whit low resolution and quality?
If you already export low quality whit DHE editor you can open the file .jpg whit graphic program (The Gimp for exemple) and save the .jpg decreasing the quality ;-)

::arov::

Edited by - arov on 15 Jun 2006 16:40:33
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  17:48:58  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello hr,

the slice picture object doesn't make the loading of a picture faster but it simply divide a big picture into some parts so a user can have the impression of the loading. Obviously (in the major part of cases) these pictures require more space but you must and can optimize them so you can reduce the size of generated files.
Creating 16 files from a picture in any case is not a big idea; maybe 4 or 6 slices are a nice idea but only if the image is big ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

hrvol
Expert

Netherlands
81 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  18:10:23  Show Profile  Visit hrvol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Davide,

Thanks. I understand the situation now.

Regards Henk.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000