Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  13:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's a good idea to have a thread with peoples wishlist for Dynamic HTML Editor?

I'll start it of.

#I for one would like to be able to set the border colors for every border
(Left border will be blue, right border will be red and so on.)

#I would also like to be able to change the border styles.
(for example dotted border, inset, outset, groove, dashed and so on.)

#When starting the program I would like to be able to immediately choose the option to open a project.
(I see the options: Create a new page using template, New blank page, Open an existing page and so on.)

#When creating a label I would like it when the font wasn't automatically set to Verdana but to Arial which is more used than Verdana).

#I would like it if there were a pop-up screen where I could choose special characters and the abillity to use a keyboard combination to quickly insert them. I can do that now for some special characters but the system has some issues.
(Like for example ?, ?, work good but ? doesn't work good and so on.)

#I would like to be able to have a little fold down menu so I can choose in which browser I want to view the current page.
Now I can select one browser and that's it. I can set another browser but than that one would be the only selection).

ADDED:
#When inserting an image have it always open in it's original size. (Now one has to hold down the shift key to open it in it's original size.)

ADDED:
#When changing an id name you get a pop-up window asking "Update all references to this object?". Could there be an option in the program settings that stops it from asking this and just doing it?
Because if I have a lot of ID's on one page I want to change I get this everytime I change an ID and that tends to get annoying and time consuming.

ADDED
The abillity to add superscript or subscript to a part of the text would be something I would like to see.

That's it for now[2 H:)]

Keep up the good work Davide!

Martin

Edited by - Martin1 on 20 May 2005 14:11:41

fzirp
Practical

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  14:40:17  Show Profile  Visit fzirp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, here are a few things I've thought of:

* a zoom feature

* line shape - when you draw a thick line and rotate it, the edges appear beveled. Could this be changed so that the line ends are at 90 degrees to the body of the line?

* a tool to create polygons

* hotspot tool - currently shows a dotted line when the hotspot is clicked in the browser. Any way of eliminating this?

* projects menu - 'open recent project' option

* guides - a toolbar button so you don't have to open the tools menu to create them

* object lock buttons on the toolbar

* toolbar button to insert .dhe object

* Ability to use bullets in label text

fzirp
Go to Top of Page

fzirp
Practical

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  20:47:59  Show Profile  Visit fzirp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry... a couple more wishes:
* more options to align objects
-- to each other: centre vertical, centre horizontal
-- to the page: align left/right/top/bottom, centre vertical on page, centre horizontal on page.
It would also be nice if the arrange options for width and height could be broken up into widest/narrowest and tallest/shortest.

fzirp
Go to Top of Page

Commsman
Practical

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  23:22:45  Show Profile  Visit Commsman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
# line spacing, word spacing and letter spacing - all easy to do with css

# better colour selector - with a memory for recent / favourites

# make graphic effects available with actions (easy buttons - very much like Fireworks!)

# enhanced graphic effects - glass highlight effects are nice for buttons.

# agree regarding border colours

# fuzzy shadows (real blurs or faked as with Flash)

# object library - put items you are going to need many times on a page or in a project into a quick access area on the right, users can drag these objects onto the page.

# graphic boxes - align text top middle or bottom

# graphic boxes - allow text inside to have links and rollover classes (this would make these boxes perfect for drop-down sub-menus - using the mouse-out event on the box to make it disappear nicely)

# ability to select items at varying z levels - e.g. click normally selects top level object, but Alt-click selects object below (and Alt-clicking again cycles through all objects at that x,y position)

# ability to see and manually assign z level for object selected

# liquid CSS layout options

# object list in the properties panel needs to be easier to use - when there are many objects on a page it is not easy to scroll through all objects looking for the one whose properties you want to adjust.
Not sure how best to do this, but how about using selector buttons above the list to filter the list by object type? This system should be replicated every time you are selecting an object (for example when you are assigning javascript events to an object).
Here is a mock-up of the kind of thing I am thinking of:
http://www.accline.co.uk/examples/objectpanel.png

Edited by - Commsman on 11 May 2005 17:14:56
Go to Top of Page

fzirp
Practical

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  21:55:19  Show Profile  Visit fzirp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I especially agree with Commsman about Z level manipulation. I'd meant to mention that in my wish list.

fzirp
Go to Top of Page

GeoTrail
Novice

Norway
1 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  17:05:54  Show Profile  Visit GeoTrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would love to see features that would allow me to use mysql queries in the program. Maybe add a box kinda like the html object so users could insert queries there?
Go to Top of Page

Commsman
Practical

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  18:11:42  Show Profile  Visit Commsman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem with MySQL queries - just add them as part of an HTML box. I use PHP and so for me it would look like:
<?php
lots of brilliantly devised code ;-) including al the MySQL stuff one could want
?>
You could also add code which is not designed to echo anything to the page top code or header code (go to page properties and click on the Scripts/Events tab in Dynamic HTML Editor 2
This is a very flexible application and allows you to stick your PHP pretty well anywhere you like it! I would guess the same is true for ASP - although I am not an ASP person so would leave others to comment on that!
Cheers
Julian

Edited by - Commsman on 01 May 2005 18:17:56
Go to Top of Page

AIVAS
Novice

1 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  21:35:43  Show Profile  Visit AIVAS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dynamic HTML Editor 1.8:

# tranparent option in color palette. Instead of defining a color, choose the value "transparent". As it is now, I need to pick an odd color, then edit the HTML later by replacing all occurrences of that color with transparent.
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  16:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I'd just bump my wishlist up.

Davide I know you have lots and lots of stuff to do but if you have any sparetime left (I can imagine you don't) please re-read my wishlist.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  17:29:11  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These features are already present:

# fuzzy shadows (real blurs or faked as with Flash)
# graphic boxes - align text top middle or bottom

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  17:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[2 H:)]
Still leaves some stuff on the wishlist.

#I for one would like to be able to set the border colors for every border
(Left border will be blue, right border will be red and so on.)

#I would also like to be able to change the border styles.
(for example dotted border, inset, outset, groove, dashed and so on.)

#I would like it if there were a pop-up screen where I could choose special characters and the abillity to use a keyboard combination to quickly insert them. (Like for example ?, ? and so on).

#When inserting an image have it always open in it's original size. (Now one has to hold down the shift key to open it in it's original size.)

#The abillity to add superscript or subscript to a part of the text would be something I would like to see.

# line spacing, word spacing and letter spacing - all easy to do with css

# object library - put items you are going to need many times on a page or in a project into a quick access area on the right, users can drag these objects onto the page.

* object lock buttons on the toolbar

* toolbar button to insert .dhe object

Just to mention a few[2 7:H]

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Fouch
Expert

Netherlands
84 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2006 :  22:17:02  Show Profile  Visit Fouch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to ad

* Text wrap for al object you put on top a textframe.

* Crop images

Would it be possible when you are exporting a project to just simply click ok and your project is exported. I often click ok without exporting (impatient[2 H:)])

Davide, i hope you still have some time for hobby's and a private live with al the wishes you are getting

Fouch
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  01:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I make that mistake as well. Forgetting to click on the export button and just hitting OK[2 H:)]. However I don't need the the option to be changed I just ned to be more observant or buy some reading glasses[4 8-)].

Poor Davide. I am also not entirely convinced he has time for anything else left with all our (mine) nagging about new features and stuff.

Be sure to take some r&r (rest and relaxation) from time to time Davide. You deserve it!

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Jan van Londen
Super User

Netherlands
208 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  08:04:00  Show Profile  Visit Jan van Londen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Export.

I experience the same with the export function. An other option here would be to put the focus on the export button. A mere <ENTER> would do the trick then. I prefer to use keys instead of the mouse anyway.

Bye,
Londen

Bye,
Londen.

Edited by - Jan van Londen on 21 Jun 2006 08:04:44
Go to Top of Page

arov
Super User

Italy
448 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  09:55:19  Show Profile  Visit arov's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#Transition Graphic effect (fade etc.) in slide pictures. ;-)

#Little .gif editor (for button, menu etc.)

#Text scoll (label overflow=marquee) 100% compatible whit Firefox, Opera and other

#Javascript for date

#Push button to create Hot-Dog (free)

Dhe Editor is Magic!

::arov::

Edited by - arov on 21 Jun 2006 09:58:08
Go to Top of Page

hrvol
Expert

Netherlands
81 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  19:48:23  Show Profile  Visit hrvol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
#Freehand size for "Falling Image" (Javascript.)

gr. Henk

Edited by - hrvol on 23 Jun 2006 19:48:46
Go to Top of Page

arov
Super User

Italy
448 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  08:38:50  Show Profile  Visit arov's Homepage  Reply with Quote
# Rollover+effect to 1 image instead that 2 images (is possible?)

# Rollover+effetto su 1 immagine invece che 2 immagini (? possibile?) Ora per fare il rollover ci vogliono 2 immagini diverse. Non si pu? fare in modo che: su una immagine applico l'effetto che viene mostrato con il rollover e dopo l'immagine ritorna come prima. Non so se pu? servire a risparmiare byte...

Go to Top of Page

arov
Super User

Italy
448 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  11:44:57  Show Profile  Visit arov's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Dav... Have you seen this list? ;-)

Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  14:37:26  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@arov, sorry but the rollover is not possible using only an image

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

arov
Super User

Italy
448 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  15:27:03  Show Profile  Visit arov's Homepage  Reply with Quote
:-(

Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  19:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A hotkay to "also" close the manager

F4 opens it..but closing??? [4 !]

"Happiness" is making -> The <- Choice!

Edited by - Waldorf on 22 Aug 2006 19:23:35
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  19:12:13  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use 3 diff. browsers, for testing and priview!
would be nice to have buttons, or hotkeys to change from IE >FF>Opera [3 yes]

Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  21:37:10  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also: opening a pict. (4 Edit) but, in another External Editor, of any choice >
say..> straight from DHE to PHP, etc!

many programs do this ..so it is possible [3 yes]..[3 up]

Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  21:41:58  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe, arrow control, over (2)guides (vrt. and Hor.)
since the L/R/up/down arrows are not used 4 something els (when nothing is selected!)

Edited by - Waldorf on 25 Aug 2006 21:50:13
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2006 :  08:34:31  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Waldorf

nice ideas ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  22:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe I?ve overlooked something, but..

All styles, scripts and stuff, entered via the html tool, are placed between the <body> tags, witch can be very <.[4 //:|].> annoying!
(since many needs <head> placement!)

We can choose between all sort of tags, but not their placement!

A possibility to do so, would be very welcome and pleasing.

Amaze us S.D

Waldorfen?wunderlich...

P's if there is (an easy) trick, to do so..plzz tell me/us?

Edited by - Waldorf on 03 Sep 2006 16:36:45
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  09:09:12  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
All styles, scripts and stuff, entered via the html tool, are placed between the <body> tags, witch can be very <..> annoying!

The HTML tool, like all other tools worksw inside the page ;-)

If you need to insert pieces of code into other parts of the page (like in the header html tag) simply open the "Page Properties" dialog; you should see a tag with "Scripts" that you can personalize ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  10:03:23  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Play sound event that works [2 ?:-|]
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  10:33:17  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Waldorf

[quote]Originally posted by T00N

Play sound event that works [2 ?:-|]

Toon, for sound, you?ll better use Flash (works always and in every browser)even in FFox [3 yes]
The sound, the size, the use and handling are much better
Otherwise (with embedded sound) you will always encounter several problems, due to plug-in and browser policy

Regards
Waldorfen [2 H:)]

**added**
example 1, with DHE > voodoo
simple/quick & stupid/design/by waldworsten: that works 10/10 in Opera/Ffox/IE...etc. [5 !!]

http://www.bjazz.eu/bug/

Edited by - Waldorf on 31 Aug 2006 05:11:00
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  10:47:14  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s.dav

quote:
All styles, scripts and stuff, entered via the html tool, are placed between the <body> tags, witch can be very <..> annoying!

The HTML tool, like all other tools worksw inside the page ;-)

If you need to insert pieces of code into other parts of the page (like in the header html tag) simply open the "Page Properties" dialog; you should see a tag with "Scripts" that you can personalize ;-)

Ach so ist das!!!

DH?E still has many secrets for waldworsten!
Found it and it is easy to work with
Tank you again, master DS

Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  23:49:56  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@toon

example 2, more elaborated and this time 'without'the: DHE conflicting interests

http://www.bjazz.eu/blues/

you can test it in "all" browsers, ti's 100% idiot-browser-proof [2 :D]...[3 yes]

Edited by - Waldorf on 31 Aug 2006 01:03:49
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2006 :  14:24:12  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An "Auto Start > on/off checkbox" 4-the Dhe.SlideShow

Edited by - Waldorf on 02 Sep 2006 14:25:58
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2006 :  16:35:08  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unless I've overlooked something! [5 *]
Styles that can be saved/exported, so we don't have 2 redo them every time, in a new file/project!

Edited by - Waldorf on 03 Sep 2006 19:20:34
Go to Top of Page

fzirp
Practical

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2006 :  10:01:57  Show Profile  Visit fzirp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s.dav

These features are already present:

Davide - Thanks for pointing these out. Don't know how I overlooked them
It would still be nice to have page-align features [2 }:H]
Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  13:58:25  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
making this a DEFAULT generic code>>

http://www.hexagora.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=0.733333333333333&TOPIC_ID=846#3479

would be devine [3 yes][3 up]

1000 compliments to Sir EGenial-digital

Go to Top of Page

Waldorf
Super User

Belgium
284 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2006 :  19:09:40  Show Profile  Visit Waldorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.bjazz.eu/IDs/ [3 yes]

[2 H:)]

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000