Dynamic HTML Editor
 Mouse Over Style with Spaces
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rockman
Novice

4 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2012 :  16:40:00  Show Profile  Visit rockman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simple question that I couldn't find an answer with a forum search:

I have a label with text "About" that I want to use as a link. I want the MouseOver behavior to inverse the foreground and background colors. But then the effect is not quite right so I add spaces before and after the text... " About ". Now however the spaces before the word inverse with MouseOver (along with the word About) but the spaces after the word don't inverse.

Any solutions?

Thanks,
Jeff

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2012 :  18:44:00  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried and it seems to work, are you sure to have applied the over style also over spaces?

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rockman
Novice

4 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2012 :  06:43:50  Show Profile  Visit rockman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick reply.

I was sure to include all spaces. I even tried putting in the "non-break space" character but that gave the same behavior (pre-word spaces inverted color as wanted but post word spaces did not invert).

I have found an answer though that fits my needs (in case anybody stumbles across this dilema): Forget the spaces idea and instead include "padding" in the MouseOver style -- I used +2 padding.

Nice to see the flexibility of DHE to solve the problem elegantly.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000