Another Label Inquiry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Betsy Craig
Practical

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  21:43:01  Show Profile  Visit Betsy Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Dynamic HTML Editor Help says "you can also create links simply making selection and filling fields [name][,href][,target] pushing 'create link' button.

What do I put under [name]?
What is [,href]?
What is a [,target]

What do I put in the fields next to these boxes?

Edited by - on

jrwebb01
Practical

41 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  22:57:58  Show Profile  Visit jrwebb01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Betsy:

Hi!

DHE is basically a "code generator". It generates the HTML which will be interptreted by web browsers that download your page. As you know, HTML, CSS, etc. use "tags". to represent content. These tags have "properties" -- most of which require a value to function property. Think of it as a "property" of color. A suitable vlaue for that property would be "blue", or the hex representation of blue.

Most (if not all) of the properties dialogs in Dynamic HTML Editor are simply a mechanism for gathering the values for those properties so it can generate the code for you. While that is very handy, if you're going to create web pages with any sort of interation, you still need to have some understanding of the tags themselves, the properties they set, and the possible values of those properties relative to the content you want shown in the browser.

I would recommend investing a couple of hours in some introductory HTML material to help "flesh out" your understanding of what Dynamic HTML Editor is doing for you. You'll find a good introductory tutorial http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp. This will include basic information like href, etc.

Hope this helps :)

Joe

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

492 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  10:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems Joe has already sayd all !!! Thank You Joe!

Ciao Ciao De.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Betsy Craig
Practical

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  20:16:15  Show Profile  Visit Betsy Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jrwebb01

Betsy:

Hi!

DHE is basically a "code generator". It generates the HTML which will be interptreted by web browsers that download your page. As you know, HTML, CSS, etc. use "tags". to represent content. These tags have "properties" -- most of which require a value to function property. Think of it as a "property" of color. A suitable vlaue for that property would be "blue", or the hex representation of blue.

Most (if not all) of the properties dialogs in Dynamic HTML Editor are simply a mechanism for gathering the values for those properties so it can generate the code for you. While that is very handy, if you're going to create web pages with any sort of interation, you still need to have some understanding of the tags themselves, the properties they set, and the possible values of those properties relative to the content you want shown in the browser.

I would recommend investing a couple of hours in some introductory HTML material to help "flesh out" your understanding of what Dynamic HTML Editor is doing for you. You'll find a good introductory tutorial http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp. This will include basic information like href, etc.

Hope this helps :)

Joe

Thank you...a good source for html learning...I appreciate it.[2 H:)]

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000