Labels/Buttons/Link to other Pages ~ Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Betsy Craig
Practical

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  21:14:22  Show Profile  Visit Betsy Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the Dynamic HTML Editor, I have set up 11 pages with text boxes and pictures. On one page I wanted to create a bank of buttons to link to each of the other pages. (Eventually I want the same bank of buttons on the left side of all my pages so a user can jump from any page to any page in my web.) So I clicked on the "button" tool and created the series of buttons.

I can't figure out how to create a link from one of the buttons to one of the created pages. In Sample 11: Links -- it says to write a label, select a part of it, write the destination URL in the HRef field and press Create Link button.

Should I have created my buttons using the "button" tool? Or set up a label, not a button?

I tried setting up a label and typed in the name of the page in the HRef field and pressed create link button and nothing happened. I clicked on OK. Clicked on the Preview button and the page comes up. I click on the button (or actually label) I've just put a link on and it pops me to a page that says This page cannot be displayed.

I've printed out all the sample pages and the Dynamic HTML Editor Help pages.

Anyone with a real good understanding of Dynamic HTML Editor out there? I am at a standstill. I have a million questions.

Edited by - Betsy Craig on 01 Mar 2004 21:22:28

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  08:53:49  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can create links using button,pictures,labels and others input fields.

If you want to link a another page using a button you have to use events; please see sample 11 (I think it's very clean and simple [2 ??:-|])
You can also create a link using a picture; you'll find aname (the name of the link, optional), ahref (the page to link), atarget (the target frame, optional).

You can also create a label, select a part of it, write on the aname,ahref,atarget fields and press the create link button (on the label editor), after this you should see the text underline.

Obviously if you try to jump to another page in preview you'll obtain the 'page not found' error; You have first to export all your pages into a directory.

Regards, Davide

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Betsy Craig
Practical

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  20:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Betsy Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s.dav

You can create links using button,pictures,labels and others input fields.

If you want to link a another page using a button you have to use events; please see sample 11 (I think it's very clean and simple [2 ??:-|])
You can also create a link using a picture; you'll find aname (the name of the link, optional), ahref (the page to link), atarget (the target frame, optional).

You can also create a label, select a part of it, write on the aname,ahref,atarget fields and press the create link button (on the label editor), after this you should see the text underline.

Obviously if you try to jump to another page in preview you'll obtain the 'page not found' error; You have first to export all your pages into a directory.

Oh...well that helps clear it up. I haven't run across the "Export" command...I'll look for it and try it. Thanks so much.[2 H:)]

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000