Trying to get Buttons to work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Betsy Craig
Practical

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  21:36:01  Show Profile  Visit Betsy Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I click on a button I've place on a page, in the properties box under Type the choices are button, submit and reset.

What do these mean?

Which ones should I be using to jump from the button to another page I've created.

I also notice under Tools there are Insert Support Button 1 and 2. What do these mean? I've tried using them and tried to get them to say ANYTHING OTHER THAN "created using Dynamic HTML Editor" on the button.

The Sample 11: Links page really doesn't help me at all.

Edited by - on

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  08:46:05  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are 3 types of simple button in HTML:
- button stays for a simple button
- submit and reset have sense if they are used within a form control (but version 1.7 doesn't support form); the reset button permits you to reset all fields in the form; the submit permits you to 'submit' the current form without additional code.
By submitting a form you send all data in your page to another page; for example you can require login data to a user then send that data to the server and check it before do action.

Regards, Davide

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Betsy Craig
Practical

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2004 :  20:21:03  Show Profile  Visit Betsy Craig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s.dav

There are 3 types of simple button in HTML:
- button stays for a simple button
- submit and reset have sense if they are used within a form control (but version 1.7 doesn't support form); the reset button permits you to reset all fields in the form; the submit permits you to 'submit' the current form without additional code.
By submitting a form you send all data in your page to another page; for example you can require login data to a user then send that data to the server and check it before do action.

Wow...I have no idea what you just explained. I guess it's a good thing I've enrolled into a class next week to learn FrontPage. I need some hands on help and training. Thanks for trying to help me, but this is all WAY over my head.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000