Programs (Programmi)
 Perfmon 4.1.0 error on startup.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jhannon
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  18:53:37  Show Profile  Visit jhannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Love the look of Perfmon, but I get an error dialog box when it starts:

----------------
Error loading performance counter named '\Processor(_Total)\% Priveledged time';
The error was: No Object - No Object
Disable it?
----------------

... and a similar one for disk. The CPU and Disk graphs show no results. Running this on Windows 7 (64bit) and selected "Run as Administrator" but no luck.

What do I try next?

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3360 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2012 :  09:15:30  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
j, what is the language of your Windows 7?

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

jhannon
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2012 :  18:52:37  Show Profile  Visit jhannon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
English.
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3360 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2012 :  11:21:50  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This seems to be quite strange, maybe your performance counters are disabled?

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Skynet6
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2013 :  11:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same error. Did you find any solution?

Edited by - Skynet6 on 11 Apr 2013 11:41:19
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3360 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2013 :  09:20:06  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I should check directly your PC from mine...

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Skynet6
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2013 :  11:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I've found the solution to my problem. What was needed to be done was to rebuild the performance counters.

For anyone with this problem:
To rebuild all the performance counters on Windows 7/Vista type the following commands at a Command Prompt. Press ENTER after each command.
cd %Systemroot%\System32\
lodctr /R
Go to Top of Page

Ralphie
Novice

1 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2014 :  06:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skynet6

Ok I've found the solution to my problem. What was needed to be done was to rebuild the performance counters. And also try reading this Phen375 review as it will explain everything.

To rebuild all the performance counters on Windows 7/Vista type the following commands at a Command Prompt. Press ENTER after each command.
lodctr /R

I tried this and it didn't work.

Edited by - Ralphie on 14 Jan 2016 08:51:19
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3360 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2016 :  00:58:14  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are using Win7+ you'll probably need to open the console as "Administrator"

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Parth
Novice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  14:14:09  Show Profile  Visit Mrs Parth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Ok I've found the solution to my problem. What was needed to be done was to rebuild the performance counters.

To rebuild all the performance counters on Windows 7/Vista type the following commands at a Command Prompt.http://phenq-results.com Press ENTER after each command.
lodctr /R

Like dev said you gotta do it as a administrator, i was having the same issue for quite some time.

Edited by - Mrs Parth on 23 Sep 2016 21:52:10
Go to Top of Page

Kipp Gremillion
Novice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2016 :  19:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This did fix my occurrence of this problem however, when executing this command (lodctr /r) I received the error "Error: Unable to rebuild performance counter setting from system backup store, error code is 2"

The solution is to execute the same command twice.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>lodctr /r
[0x7FF9730070E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64)

Error: Unable to rebuild performance counter setting from system backup store, error code is 2
C:\WINDOWS\system32>lodctr /r
[0x7FF9730070E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64)

Info: Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup store
C:\WINDOWS\system32>
Go to Top of Page

EvePowell
Novice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2016 :  10:19:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:Ok I've found the solution to my problem. What was needed to be done was to rebuild the performance counters.

To rebuild all the performance counters on Windows 7/Vista type the following commands at a Command Prompt http://adeleweightloss.com/ Press ENTER after each command. cd %Systemroot%\System32\ lodctr /R Like dev said you gotta do it as a administrator, i was having the same issue for quite some time.?

Edited by - EvePowell on 06 Dec 2016 21:21:53
Go to Top of Page

Zoe24
Novice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2016 :  13:21:37  Show Profile  Visit Zoe24's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Parth

quote:

To rebuild all the performance counters on Windows 7/Vista type the following commands at a Command Prompt. http://phenq-avis.com/en/ Press ENTER after each command.
lodctr /R

Like dev said you gotta do it as a administrator, i was having the same issue for quite some time.

lodctr /R

Edited by - Zoe24 on 22 Jun 2017 02:41:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000