Wrong file extensions being generated!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  18:46:40  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a site that I published locally before I upload it. All of the "dhe" pages have .htm as the file extension to generate. I get about half of them generated with ".html", which screws up my navigation (external program (CoffeeCup) generates the menu).

What do I do to fix this?

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  00:54:51  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that the Coffeecup menu is getting you into a lot of problems. Is it so special that it can't be done within DHE?

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  09:48:09  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rmm, simply change the default extension for new pages into the page properties by pressing the "Set as Default" button.
This will work only for new pages.
By default D.H.E. uses the .htm extension so if it generates pages with a different one you changed it.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2010 :  17:56:32  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess I need to clarify myself.... duplicate files are being generated! One with .htm and the other with .html. Not a big deal, but takes up space...

Edited by - rmmarsh on 17 Jun 2010 17:57:24
Go to Top of Page

Jan van Londen
Super User

Netherlands
208 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2010 :  10:21:15  Show Profile  Visit Jan van Londen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello rmmarsh,

Is it not so that the .htm-files are leftovers form the first time? I think that when you remove them they don't appear anymore.

Bye,
Londen.
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2010 :  15:46:24  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, I deleted all of the files and then did a local publish... they appear each time!
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2010 :  09:28:57  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This seems to be very strange; D.H.E. generates only one web file for each .dhe file;
If you want send me the project file plus one of the pages that has problems and I'll check it

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000