Dynamic HTML Editor
 Drop Down menus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

micronics
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2009 :  22:40:09  Show Profile  Visit micronics's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I wonder if I could use the OnMouseOver event of the page in order to hide all submenus? I have tried that using the OnClick event and it works fine.
However, when I use the OnMouseOver,hide on submenus destination event of the page it actually OVERIDES the OnMouseOver,show on submenus destination event.
As a consequence of this overidding function when I place the mouse pointer over the menu button I never get the actual submenu shown.

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  08:35:48  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't think this will work indeed. When you mouseover your menu you are also mousing over your page so the submenu disappears. I mostly use a hotspot under the menu and submenu with the action OnMouseOver Hide submenu. See www.riverclack.nl
(Be sure to leave some space between the hotspots so you can move the mouse from menu to submenu)

[img]http://www.rdbf.nl/DHE/hiding_submenu.png[/img]

Perhaps there are better solutions, but this works for me.

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  09:35:13  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Petran is right, I used the same method in my site.
The next version of D.H.W.E. will have drop down menus

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

micronics
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  16:55:00  Show Profile  Visit micronics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hotspot works great!

Many thanks to Petran and Davide!
Go to Top of Page

petermrice
Novice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2009 :  18:53:13  Show Profile  Visit petermrice's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to create a drop-down menu. Is there an example with explanations? I have tried to use an Object with the menu name, a Layer containing a GfxMenu and coding the onMouseOver event to show the layer. It does not work.

Peter Rice
peter@boppie.com
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  09:27:25  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just look at the program samples ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000