Some fonts don't work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsearcey
Practical

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  15:49:13  Show Profile  Visit jsearcey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I had to redownload Dynamic HTML due to some computer issues. Since then, the web pages that I had previously built had some fonts that the newer downloaded version of Dynamic HTML does not recognize and will not use. I believe there is a place to download fonts, but I am unable to find it now. Could someone direct me to that location?

Thank you,

Janis R. Searcey

Edited by - jsearcey on 03 Apr 2009 15:51:29

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  22:13:51  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.dafont.com is my favourite. Be very careful with using special fonts in standard labels.

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

michamum
Expert

Australia
69 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2009 :  01:07:55  Show Profile  Visit michamum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by petran

www.dafont.com is my favourite. Be very careful with using special fonts in standard labels.

petran - why do you need to be careful with using special fonts in standard labels?

I downloaded and used the font 'khand' on my website (on a standard label) - and have published one page with it, I noticed that it shows ok on my computer, but when I was using a different computer, the font 'khand' didn't show? Why would this be?
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2009 :  08:34:56  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats because it isn't a standard font.
So if someone else is watching the pager and hasn't got that font installed it will show an alternative font.

You can still use it but have to change it to a graphical label.
Go to Top of Page

michamum
Expert

Australia
69 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2009 :  02:41:24  Show Profile  Visit michamum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T00N

Thats because it isn't a standard font.
So if someone else is watching the pager and hasn't got that font installed it will show an alternative font.

You can still use it but have to change it to a graphical label.

Oh ok thanks TOON!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000