Page Placeholder over Objects
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

michamum
Expert

Australia
69 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  03:41:22  Show Profile  Visit michamum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have recently set up my master page as a template for my webpages, and transferred this masterpage to www.ebabycentre.com/activitytoys.htm, however there are a few objects which haven't published.

If you see www.ebabycentre.com/test.htm, this shows the objects that aren't showing in the 'activity toys' page, such as the dropdown menu from the 'Online Stores', the 'Special Offers' button, and Google Ads.

I think this is because I have the Placeholder over these objects? Is there an easy way to put the placeholder under these objects so that they publish?

I have the placeholder positioned directly under the blue filled rectangle where 'Online Stores' is written.

Thanks for any tips. Hope this all makes sense.

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  10:24:47  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The publish action doesn't depend on the placeholder object.
The placeholder only adapts objects on the "client" page when this is inserted into the master-page.
Every object present in the master-page (also those behind the placeholder) are exported and shown in the page.
I suggest you to check your "publish" settings.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

michamum
Expert

Australia
69 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2009 :  15:23:15  Show Profile  Visit michamum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Davide,

If I look at the Publish Project Options, there is a checked box for 'Exclude DHE Source Files', and an unchecked box for 'Recurse Sub Folders'.

Do you think I need to change any of these options?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

michamum
Expert

Australia
69 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2009 :  02:52:11  Show Profile  Visit michamum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Davide,

I tried changing these options, but that hasn't helped either, the objects still aren't showing on the webpage?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2009 :  08:37:18  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Send me the two pages and explain me in details the problem.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

michamum
Expert

Australia
69 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2009 :  05:47:23  Show Profile  Visit michamum's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Davide,

I have emailed these files to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000