Send a Form via E-mail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mschumi
Novice

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2009 :  20:53:51  Show Profile  Visit mschumi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,all!
Maybe there is a solution somewhere here in the forum, but i didn't found it! Sorry for that!
I want to send a form with some Checkboxes and an Inputtextfield to my own e-mail address. I created the form, add these fields and add the "mailto:x@y.de" to the Action. Unfortunately it didn't work!
Has anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance

regards, Michael

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2009 :  21:58:16  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For that sort off things I use ProcessForm 3.0.15 for years now. You can find it here: http://mindpalette.com/scripts/index.php#PFAnchor

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

mschumi
Novice

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2009 :  22:28:44  Show Profile  Visit mschumi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Petran,
thanks for your reply!
I think this php is much too much for this small job!
Is there nothing smaller?
Thanks, Michael

regards, Michael
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2009 :  22:54:15  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://phpfmg.sourceforge.net/

This will do the job.
Go to Top of Page

mschumi
Novice

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2009 :  23:43:14  Show Profile  Visit mschumi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Toon!
seems to be a good solution!
But i want it to solve this small problem in DHE!

@S.Dav
Is there any easy solution for this common problem?
Thanks!

regards, Michael
Go to Top of Page

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2009 :  03:52:46  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Take you pick...http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=forms+html&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Some free...some paid...look for something to tailor for your situation. Possibly your web service provides "cgi scripts" for this purpose...most do these days.

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com

Edited by - jtarin on 31 Jan 2009 03:54:50
Go to Top of Page

mschumi
Novice

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2009 :  21:37:08  Show Profile  Visit mschumi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks all!
I got a solution....it works, but i'm not 100% satisfied with it!

regards, Michael
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2009 :  08:02:35  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Because?
Go to Top of Page

anima3
Expert

Canada
96 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2009 :  15:47:15  Show Profile  Visit anima3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey,
Interesting that someone asks this question. I've been wondering how one can make contact forms etc within DHE. So far I've been finding the proper HTML codes on Google and making PHP files on Dreamweaver, and it works just fine. (here's the open source codes I use: http://www.centerkey.com/php/ it's easy to customize and if you have some javascript knowledge you can make some 'optional' and 'required' fields)

What is a good way to do the same thing within DHE? There's gotta be an answer to this question. Otherwise why would there be the option to make a form?

Daviiiiide!

Edited by - anima3 on 01 Feb 2009 15:47:38
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2009 :  22:47:49  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When you make a form in DHE you can call a PHP script in the action field to handle the data entered in that form; that's why there is that option ;-)

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  08:53:52  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The actual version of D.H.E. doesn't create the .php or .asp, you can create this page using the tips above.
Probably version 4.4 will help you by creating a simple .asp or .php form processor on the fly.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

anima3
Expert

Canada
96 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  15:02:22  Show Profile  Visit anima3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sweet. Thanks a lot, this is going to be very helpful. I was a lil bit sick of messing with all those HTML codes :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000