Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 How to use multiple url links in an iframe?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

janisrae
Practical

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2009 :  23:38:09  Show Profile  Visit janisrae's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm sure someone out there can answer this. It's probably a very simple solution to you who have been using Dynamic HTML Editor for awhile.

I'm trying to load outside url's into an iframe. When I create the iframe in a page, it appears that only one url can be added.

Is there a way to have links to multiple urls that open in the iframe on a page?

Thank you, [2 H:)]

Janis Searcey
Web Development Services . Hosting . Marketing

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2009 :  08:34:04  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simply create a link and use the link property called "target" to specify where the linked page should be loaded

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

siemens
Master

Netherlands
139 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2009 :  11:13:34  Show Profile  Visit siemens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Davide, do you have a small example?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2009 :  16:04:32  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When you create the link, fill in the "Target" property of the link with the name of the IFRAME

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

siemens
Master

Netherlands
139 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2009 :  21:30:27  Show Profile  Visit siemens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe I do not understand it correct or doing something wrong. What I want is a standard page with an (empty) iFrame in it. I want to activate this page by sending the url and add to the url the page that must be loaded in the iframe. So can I send different links to clients but all links are using the same standard page with the iFrame in it...

Something like http://www.photoviewer.com/pagewithemptyiframe.htm?www.nu.nl or
http://www.photoviewer.com/pagewithemptyiframe.htm#www.nu.nl or something else.....

Edited by - siemens on 27 Jan 2009 22:52:39
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2009 :  08:27:53  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The thing you want can be made using javascript but it is not a good working mode in my opinion.
Using some javascript standard functions you'll be able to obtain the "location" URI; you can then split the second part of the URI and load the iframe manually (using javascript)

The better way would be to use a server-side page like .asp or .php, read the value passed in the url then generate an iframe on the fly into the resulting page.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

siemens
Master

Netherlands
139 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2009 :  10:38:12  Show Profile  Visit siemens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Davide, thanks for your answer, i will start investigating the javascript solution. Now I have a point in a new direction..
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  16:42:58  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I needed the same and I found this PHP solution: http://forums.devarticles.com/programming-tools-11/iframes-load-a-page-in-an-iframe-in-another-page-11440.html
It works for me ;-)

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000