How to use PicLens with DHE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

verhijden
Practical

Netherlands
23 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  15:57:23  Show Profile  Visit verhijden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the site www.piclens.com? It's a great site for browsing photo's in a very flashy way.

The problem: I have a photography site www.verhijden.nl and I want to use PicLens. But I don't understand the use of media-rss type files, (see the section http://piclens.com/lite/webmasterguide.php ).

Can DHE generate such a file automatically for my site?

Thanks!!!

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  22:23:12  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The link you gave has some fairly explicit instructions for working with Piclens. What exactly is it about media-rss files your not understanding?

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com
Go to Top of Page

verhijden
Practical

Netherlands
23 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  08:50:09  Show Profile  Visit verhijden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let's say it a different way. I have approx. 1000 pictures (or more) on my site, is there a way that DHE can support me?

Do other users have experience with PicLens?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  09:04:15  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello verhijden,

probably the new Gallery tool will support PicLens. Actually you have to create your page and RSS file manually; do you need a tutorial on my site?

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  13:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Davide you sneaky. Asking if he needs a tutorial[3 :p].
Go to Top of Page

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2008 :  07:49:39  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it possible that adding so many functions to DHE when trying to accomodate so many requests, that the application might become bloatware? Are you able to keep the overhead down during development Davide?

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com
Go to Top of Page

verhijden
Practical

Netherlands
23 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2008 :  08:56:41  Show Profile  Visit verhijden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s.dav

Hello verhijden,

probably the new Gallery tool will support PicLens. Actually you have to create your page and RSS file manually; do you need a tutorial on my site?

Yes please, if you can!! It would help me a lot!!

Thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2008 :  09:14:23  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jtarin

Is it possible that adding so many functions to DHE when trying to accomodate so many requests, that the application might become bloatware? Are you able to keep the overhead down during development Davide?

No, it was on my initial idea of the Gallery tool, there will be the support for other common flash/scripts.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2008 :  12:51:00  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great!

I use these kind of 'scripts' a lot these these because they are an easy way to give the site something extra.
Go to Top of Page

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2008 :  07:38:24  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree...scripts are one thing that doesn't increase overhead.

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000