Dynamic HTML Editor
 On Click
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  09:51:39  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I downloaded lightwindow today to give it a try and it works like a charm.

Only one thing though:
I have this image and on click I want to execute the following code:

<a href="http://www.lynxcardesign.nl/" class="lightwindow" params="lightwindow_width=1000, lightwindow_height=600 title="Lynx Car Design" </a>

How do I do this?

Edited by - T00N on 09 Jul 2008 09:51:56

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  08:52:40  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have to use the "Custom Code" property, available from version 4.1
See the ThickBox sample on my site, it uses the same tecnique

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  10:56:53  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes I know, I used the custom code for inserting lightbox many times.

But I think there's something not right in the code I use.
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  08:41:57  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Send me the page and I'll check it

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2008 :  07:21:39  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Davide, I tried thickbox (which can do the same) and decided not to use it.
Go to Top of Page

bronee
Master

180 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2008 :  15:52:10  Show Profile  Visit bronee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is lightwindow? www.larsbronee.dk
Go to Top of Page

joneq
Super User

433 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2008 :  17:27:31  Show Profile  Visit joneq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.stickmanlabs.com/lightwindow/

I think bronee will love it for his site--or thickbox

tutorial here--near bottom

http://www.dynamic-html-editor.com/en/tutorials.asp

about

http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/

Edited by - joneq on 31 Jul 2008 17:28:06
Go to Top of Page

bronee
Master

180 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2008 :  04:11:27  Show Profile  Visit bronee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well that is far to complex for me, I`m just waiting for Davide to make all easy for us...
Go to Top of Page

joneq
Super User

433 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2008 :  04:47:53  Show Profile  Visit joneq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It would be great if there was a feature in DHE that would allow the author to select some item/pic amd have DHE apply all the necessary code to make it happen. I think i mentioned that before---that is where the tutorial came from---better to have the feature built in I think

Uhh.... Davide
Go to Top of Page

bronee
Master

180 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2008 :  04:52:33  Show Profile  Visit bronee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are a funny man joneq..
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2008 :  09:23:32  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Gallery tool will make these things very simple for you 8-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

joneq
Super User

433 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2008 :  14:14:50  Show Profile  Visit joneq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is great to hear,but thickbox has many other uses like inline content and iframes--although it is not so difficult to achieve it would be better if DHE did it for me. As bronee said it is way above his skill level[as he sees it] and he will not even try. I think if he looked at it a little he could do it,but it may take some time to really get it

The bottom line is that it looks more difficult than it really is but plenty of people will give up after they fail at a few attempts. It would be better if there was something built in to dhe to handle it.

Of course this is not an emergency,and maybe not even worth the effort to add to DHE. I do not know what it would take to add it--I can only say it would be a nice feature to add to the DHE repertoire [list of features]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000