Hexagora Forum
Hexagora Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 How to use multiple url links in an iframe?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
janisrae Posted - 26 Jan 2009 : 23:38:09
Hello,

I'm sure someone out there can answer this. It's probably a very simple solution to you who have been using Dynamic HTML Editor for awhile.

I'm trying to load outside url's into an iframe. When I create the iframe in a page, it appears that only one url can be added.

Is there a way to have links to multiple urls that open in the iframe on a page?

Thank you, [2 H:)]
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
petran Posted - 03 Feb 2009 : 16:42:58
I needed the same and I found this PHP solution: http://forums.devarticles.com/programming-tools-11/iframes-load-a-page-in-an-iframe-in-another-page-11440.html
It works for me ;-)
siemens Posted - 28 Jan 2009 : 10:38:12
Ok Davide, thanks for your answer, i will start investigating the javascript solution. Now I have a point in a new direction..
s.dav Posted - 28 Jan 2009 : 08:27:53
The thing you want can be made using javascript but it is not a good working mode in my opinion.
Using some javascript standard functions you'll be able to obtain the "location" URI; you can then split the second part of the URI and load the iframe manually (using javascript)

The better way would be to use a server-side page like .asp or .php, read the value passed in the url then generate an iframe on the fly into the resulting page.
siemens Posted - 27 Jan 2009 : 21:30:27
maybe I do not understand it correct or doing something wrong. What I want is a standard page with an (empty) iFrame in it. I want to activate this page by sending the url and add to the url the page that must be loaded in the iframe. So can I send different links to clients but all links are using the same standard page with the iFrame in it...

Something like http://www.photoviewer.com/pagewithemptyiframe.htm?www.nu.nl or
http://www.photoviewer.com/pagewithemptyiframe.htm#www.nu.nl or something else.....
s.dav Posted - 27 Jan 2009 : 16:04:32
When you create the link, fill in the "Target" property of the link with the name of the IFRAME
siemens Posted - 27 Jan 2009 : 11:13:34
Davide, do you have a small example?
s.dav Posted - 27 Jan 2009 : 08:34:04
Simply create a link and use the link property called "target" to specify where the linked page should be loaded

Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000