Firefox Renders text / photo boxes overlaid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rimsurfer
Practical

34 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  17:31:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having consistent problems with Firefox rendering the the positions of the text boxes and graphics differently than IE?

It is consistent now and a real problem - I get boxes overlaid others top to bottom - the fonts also look different in Firefox.

I have the "check and fix browser zoom" box checked.

I use Win 7 and the latest version and updates of IE, Firefox and Chrome

Whats up? anyone know and any fixes to this?

Thanks!

Edited by - rimsurfer on 24 Sep 2011 03:21:04

rimsurfer
Practical

34 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  18:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
found the solution - in Firefox it is the option under tools> advanced> UNCHECK "use hardware acceleration" option - when I unchecked this the problems went away!

Edited by - rimsurfer on 24 Sep 2011 03:20:00
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2011 :  09:06:37  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very strange; I'll check in my home PC as here all seems to be ok

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

denisMan
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2011 :  12:21:28  Show Profile  Visit denisMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
another strange example with firefox is when site use other fonts for content. At my computer some sites are different in firefox and in browsers like chrome and safari and ie are same style

Go to Top of Page

rimsurfer
Practical

34 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2011 :  22:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
denisMan

I've seen this for some time - IE uses some advanced OS / Browser features to make the fonts look better and the others in general render slightly different in appearance

I've also seen where a client does not have the standard web friendly font(s) installed on the computer OR they have the ZOOM accidently set to a higher or lower value OR they have a forced font in their settings that overides the site CSS but none of the above are caused by DHE ...

> another strange example with firefox is when site use other fonts for content. At my computer some sites are different in firefox and in browsers like chrome and safari and ie are same style
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000