New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2010 :  14:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why is the jQuery link no longer created directly when I draw a Thickbox element on my page using the extension in DHE?

Previous it was created but now it no longer is and I need to add a jQuery link myself by drawing it with the extion and then hiding it behind everything else. Why this change?
Besides I now get this:

<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript>
<!--
if (!window.jQuery)
alert("ThickBox 1.1 needs also a JQuery extension on your page\nPlease draw it and 'Send it to Back' using the top toolbar buttons");
//-->
</SCRIPT>

added to my page which isn't something I need or want. I know I can edit it out by hand but that would defeat the reason I am using DHE (no need for messing with the source).

Edited by - Martin1 on 04 Aug 2010 14:04:52

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2010 :  09:00:22  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to draw a JQuery extension on that page (not write code).
I divided in this way the code because many extensions are using JQuery so your page would have contained many and many JQuery declarations.
So now it is cleaner than before.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2010 :  00:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But why not have DHE add a jQuery declaration automatically when one is needed and instead of adding more of these declarations have DHE check if one is already there and re-use it?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  10:36:20  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I replied you in my previous post.
When a new version of JQuery will be available all your pre-existing pages (and extensions) will be automatically updated.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  13:46:01  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe in the next version I can check the required Jquery library directly from the program without the need to add other script to the page ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  17:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe in the next version I can check the required Jquery library directly from the program without the need to add other script to the page ;-)

That's exactly what I meant!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000