Dynamic HTML Editor
 Internet Explorer - blocked scripts, activex
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doransmolias2002
Novice

13 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2009 :  18:15:33  Show Profile  Visit doransmolias2002's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have internet explorer 8.0 on medium-high privacy settings (default) and get the "To help protect your security, IE has restricted this webpage from running scripts or Active X controls......." The blocked content is the Java script for the date display, and hotspot roll over effects for links (i.e. highlighting them on roll over). It does not occur in firefox or safari, and doesn't happen on other sites with java scripts etc...
Anyway to get around this without having the "To help protect your security.." info bar showing up?

Thanks....

Sincerely

Andy
Expert

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2009 :  23:51:46  Show Profile  Visit Andy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
you have to alter the security settings in <Tools> <Internet Options> <Security> <custom> and check or uncheck the items you want (or just put up with IE. Or what I have done now is load Chrome and firefox so I always have a choice!!! :-)
Cheers

Andy
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2009 :  08:42:11  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
doran,

the problem appears only when you test your site locally, into your PC.
When you'll load it into your internet domain the error will disappear.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

doransmolias2002
Novice

13 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2009 :  20:22:11  Show Profile  Visit doransmolias2002's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent...

Thank you for the info....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000