OT (OffTopic, Vario)
 How's business?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2009 :  14:05:37  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is the crisis kickin' in already or do you all still have plenty of work?

I still have some work but I find that finding new customers is becoming more difficult. Not that they don't agree with price or quality but it looks like businesses don't really believe in their own plans anymore and sit keep everything on a low profile.

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2009 :  16:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slow. Business is slow and although I still have some work, I do notice the recession. Finding new customers is hard and the ones you do find want to argue more about price and wait longer to close a deal if they close it all. All in all these are hard times.

Edited by - Martin1 on 06 Jul 2009 16:09:53
Go to Top of Page

candid
Expert

South Africa
53 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2009 :  16:00:58  Show Profile  Visit candid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Toon,

Ja it is slow, customers come in drips and drabs, I notice recession also. I presume you guys are from Europe, had an Englishman customer tell me it's pretty bad in England, he went over to see his daughter last month for a holiday, and my brother inlaw who's brother used to live in Netherlands told me it's not so lekker there eihter, he moved over here to South Africa where I live and things do seem to be tightening up somewhat here too, anyway let's take what we can get, I'd like to hear from others too, whats happening, it's a good question. Wonder if Davide would be kind enough to tell us wants happening in Italy?
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2009 :  20:42:15  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most of us webdesigners don't have to make large investments so the costs are low.
Therefore I'm not in any problems when the income becomes less.

But because it's 'easy' to make a website I see a lot of people that think that they have an eye for design (and everyone thinks that of him or herself) start a webdesign business on the side. More 'competition' for customers that want a bargain.
Go to Top of Page

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  06:07:38  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While web design is not my primary business, the recession has not affected my 2 primary business's...travel operator and ESL teacher. Seems people with disposable income have not fully realized the need to be a little frugal in these times. Both of my business have increased...with more opportunities knocking everyday. My advice is to be flexible and diversify. There is still good income to be had.

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000