Programs (Programmi)
 Submit form and open now window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

novak
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  08:21:38  Show Profile  Visit novak's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can you help me with form, when click submit.
I would like creat form, when i click submit open new window, but when I insert before submit (onclick="myOpenWindow()) the script function Validator does not function.

<script language="JavaScript"><!--
buttonClicked=false;
function myOpenWindow() {
myWindowHandle = window.open('about:blank','myWindowName','resizable,status,scrollbars=yes,width=100,height=200,top=0,left=0');
}
//--></script>

<form id="Rezervace_vozidla" name="Rezervace_vozidla" style="position: absolute; left: 9px; top: 365px;" action="Rezervace_vozidla_handler.php" method="get" target="myWindowName" onsubmit="if (!buttonClicked) ;">

<input type="submit" id="Odeslat" name="Odeslat" style="width: 85px; height: 19px;" class="button" onclick="myOpenWindow(); buttonClicked=true; setTimeout('document.myForm.submit()',500);return false;" value="ODESALT"></div>

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2007 :  09:10:02  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe I didn't understood in a correct way your question but I suppose you want to submit the data to a new window right?

To do this, simply follow these instructions:
1- remove from your submit button the onclick event, this is not needed
2- change the onsubmit event of the form returning true or false, false to block the submit (the event code should like 'return checkFields();' and the checkFields is a function that returns true or false)
3- the form already has a target property so the data will be sent to a new window.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000