[bug?] Registration failure in WIN10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nikolaus
Practical

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  04:33:14  Show Profile  Visit nikolaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
''Registration failed at c:\windows\system32\hexunicontrols32.ocx'' the win10 tells while trying to install a unicode enhanced prog on a win10 32bit machine.
Any ideas why the Hexagora ocx doesn't want to registrate? Btw., the version 3.1 seems to fail too.
Thanks, Nikolaus

Edited by - nikolaus on 19 Nov 2015 14:31:31

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2015 :  07:38:08  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you tried using our installation package? I think you used a wrong way to register the .ocx file
I tested it on Windows 10 64 bit and works perfectly

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

nikolaus
Practical

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  12:14:12  Show Profile  Visit nikolaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for replying!
Please what do you mean by ''our installation package'' ???
I used built in Visual Studio 6.0 install packaging.
The only thing I was ''surprised'' about was, that the section ''[Setup1 Files]'' within the Setup List showed to ''DLLSelfRegister'' the ocx, where the ocx IS NOT A dll, is it?

[Setup1 Files]
File1=@HexUniControls32.ocx,$(WinSysPath),$(DLLSelfRegister),$(Shared),1/3/13 4:44:40 PM,2818048,3.2.0.3
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2015 :  08:19:10  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suggest you to use "InnoSetup", you'll find a pre-configured script in the path where you installed our library

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

nikolaus
Practical

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2015 :  14:36:40  Show Profile  Visit nikolaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, but could you please name the file with that 'script'? I Didn't find any.
I searched the folder 'C:\Programme\HexUniControls3.2\' where I installed the ocx, besides the two subfolders 'VB6 Sample 1' and 'VB6 Sample 2'.
Go to Top of Page

nikolaus
Practical

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2015 :  05:23:35  Show Profile  Visit nikolaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Davide,
what's wrong?
Are you upset to read I didn't find that mysterious 'script' in the folder I installed your ocx?
Hmm .. do you plan to finish supporting your Unicode controls, because less and less support trafic (and possibly contracts on the controls suite) is on the go?
I'd be sad about that, because your controls suite is one of the most creative AND professional coded stuff to run around on the net...
:-(
Cheers, Nikolaus
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2015 :  00:18:17  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the delay; no I'm not upset ;-)
The filename for the Inno Setup script is "Sample Install.iss"
Let me know if you'll experience any problems

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000