problems with file attachments
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cefarelli
Novice

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2010 :  14:43:00  Show Profile  Visit Cefarelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote

when trying to download the attached files, error is reported. Error 404
Can anyone help me?
thanks

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  09:11:07  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which attached file? Please explain your problem in details...

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Cefarelli
Novice

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  09:49:54  Show Profile  Visit Cefarelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I created pages where site visitors can download files. The files have the extension doc, pdf or zip.
When you try to download them, the browser responds with the error message: you do not find the file.
thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Cefarelli
Novice

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  10:47:56  Show Profile  Visit Cefarelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry I forgot the error message.
It is the following:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

?Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
?If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
?Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

?Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
?Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

P.S. when working offline, the attached files I can download them. There are no problems.
thanks

Go to Top of Page

candid
Expert

South Africa
53 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  11:35:25  Show Profile  Visit candid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sounds as if the Link/URL to the documents are wrong, can you give us an example of a URL to a document or PDF if possible please?
Go to Top of Page

Cefarelli
Novice

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  13:51:03  Show Profile  Visit Cefarelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the first URl there is the link. In the second URL the file attachment.
http://www.icpianellovt.it/pof.htm

http://www.icpianellovt.it/export%20sito/allegati/Pof_2009_10.pdf
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  14:38:49  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you sure these downloadable files are uploaded?
Did you check Recurse subfolders in the options tab of the Publish project window?

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

candid
Expert

South Africa
53 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  14:46:30  Show Profile  Visit candid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cefarelli,

If I remove the /export sito/ in the URL it works, I think you need to make your changes there, see the link below.

http://www.icpianellovt.it/allegati/Pof_2009_10.pdf

the other PDF I have no idea what the correct URL is, you will have to recheck yourself, and try not to put any spaces in the URL.

Regards - George
Go to Top of Page

Cefarelli
Novice

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  15:15:42  Show Profile  Visit Cefarelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the problem is in the export? Could be a mistake where I placed the file attachments?

Thanks again for your help
Go to Top of Page

candid
Expert

South Africa
53 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2010 :  15:20:59  Show Profile  Visit candid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great News,

I hope you find the solution, or should I rather say the "path to the documents" on the server.

George
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  08:48:58  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Giuseppe,

please check to have uploaded also the attached files (pdf, zip, etc...)
In the "Publish Project" (Pubblica Progetto) you need to be sure that the flag "Recurse Subfolders" has been checked.

Be sure also that your attachments are inside your site folder!

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Cefarelli
Novice

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  10:38:07  Show Profile  Visit Cefarelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I solved my problem. I was wrong to place the folder with files attached.
Thank you all for your help.
Go to Top of Page

leonardnestor
Novice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2016 :  08:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cefarelli

It is the following:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

?Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
?If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.

?Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
?Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for phenq on http://ohdivinehealth.com/phenq-review/ for fat loss, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

P.S. when working offline, the attached files I can download them. There are no problems.
thanks

I had similar problem as yours. Everything was placed correctly. Checked so many times if I missed anything. Finally found that some additional characters were added to folder names on the site. Now got it fixed. Thanks for your post!

Edited by - leonardnestor on 10 Sep 2016 05:40:39
Go to Top of Page

kooliuypilsa
Novice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  02:02:20  Show Profile  Visit kooliuypilsa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leonardnestor

quote:
Originally posted by Cefarelli

It is the following:

The page cannot be found

?Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for phenq on http://phenqwiki.com/read-full-phenq-review for fat loss, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

thanks
Today is my lucky day to find your great website online, awesome! and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
[url=http://www.buycrazybulks.com/]crazy bulk[/url]

I had similar problem as yours. Everything was placed correctly. Checked so many times if I missed anything. Finally found that some additional characters were added to folder names on the site. Now got it fixed. Thanks for your post!

Edited by - kooliuypilsa on 28 Sep 2016 23:20:32
Go to Top of Page

kooliuypilsa
Novice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2016 :  02:05:39  Show Profile  Visit kooliuypilsa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when trying to download the attached files, error is reported. Error 404
Can anyone help me? Today is my lucky day to find your great website online, awesome! and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000