How to create a dropdown menu?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

inwilddreams
Novice

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2010 :  00:29:47  Show Profile  Visit inwilddreams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First, I love this program. It is really easy and user friendly. However, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to create a dropdown menu. My client wants a dropdown submenu when you mouse over the main menu links. I have searched help and this forum. I am missing something obviously. Why is this so difficult? Can someone give me a step by step explanation on how to create this? Thanks so much!

Jan van Londen
Super User

Netherlands
208 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2010 :  07:53:40  Show Profile  Visit Jan van Londen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Possibility:

- Create a layer(1), on line invisible.
- Put buttons in the layer.
- Create a button above the layer. Give it a property "on mouse over" layer(10 visible)
- Make the layer disappear when mouse over other button.

Bye,
Londen.

Edited by - Jan van Londen on 20 May 2010 07:54:09
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2010 :  14:34:27  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
inwilddreams,

if you check on the samples project you'll find a sample for creating a drop-down menu;
actually I'm creating a drop-down menu tool on the program that will be ready soon.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

inwilddreams
Novice

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2010 :  21:46:55  Show Profile  Visit inwilddreams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I figured it out. The only prob now is that in Explorer, (and only explorer) when you mouse over the submenu links or click to submenu links, they turn black. Any idea on how to fix this?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2010 :  12:37:28  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Strange, the menu on my homepage has been made in this way and works perfectly.
Try to enable the PNG32 support then retry...

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

inwilddreams
Novice

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2010 :  18:41:53  Show Profile  Visit inwilddreams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I figured it out. I put way too many mouseover-mouseout controls. I made a hotspot, put 4 individual gfxcanvas buttons on it, and put mouseover-mouseout events on each button as well as the hotspot. I fixed it by making one gfxcanvas submenu, and putting a seperate hotspot over each submenu text, and only setting the events on the hotspot. Thanks for your help!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000