Dynamic HTML Editor
 Stupid and Simple Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jpebdigital
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  09:47:28  Show Profile  Visit jpebdigital's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am pretty new to using DHE but I love it so far...I am used to working in graphics programs and don't know much about code (but I am trying to learn)...
Anyway, I have a few really simple questions that I can't seem to find answers to elsewhere:

First, I basically understand how to create a project, but what I am curious to know is how do I link pages that I am creating in DHE? For example, I have a home page with editorial that I want to link to deeper pages...how do I do that...as in what do I label that link?

Also, is there an easy way to create drop down menus? Could someone point me to an explaination?

And, also looking for a way to create pop up windows for images. I have a small thumbnail gallery, and would like to be able to have viewers click on thumbnail and pop up to a larger image...

I know my questions are really simple, but any help is appreciated. I work with a lot of women who are new to building websites, and will happily recommend your program to others.

Thanks so much![3 v]

arov
Super User

Italy
448 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  10:59:28  Show Profile  Visit arov's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jpeb! Welcome to DHE Forum... Stupid questions don't exist!
You find the reply to your question in the Dhe menu ("help" and "exemples")
However you remember that links to the other pages works when you have export the .dhe file to .htm file. (search the command to the dhe menu.... Open your file and click to menu "file"--> "export")

::arov::

Edited by - arov on 30 Jun 2006 11:19:25
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  17:40:00  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello jpebdigital,

1- In order to create a link you have to first create an object that supports links (labels, shapes, pictures, hotspots). Simply change the property "link" of those objects ;-)

2- There are some samples in the samples.dhep project.
I'm mading other important things for now but very soon there will be the ability to create menu in a faster way ;-)

3- Maybe a new (PopupImage) object is a very good idea ;-)
The only method for now to do so is by using events.
Draw an image and resize it to a small size then edit events anc choose "OnClick", "JavaCall" then choose "window.open()"
You have to manually change the src path to the path where the big image is. I think that if you are not a programmer maybe this can be an hard thing to do. If you want I'll send you a sample.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

jpebdigital
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  22:12:16  Show Profile  Visit jpebdigital's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
I know a little bit of programming...I bought a nice HTML reference book and have it sitting on my desk, and I know how to google!:)

I think I can manage the src path on the pop up, thanks for those simple directions...and I think I figured out how to link from one page to another- I will have to export the whole thing to test it...which brings me to another question...

Since my site is live, and this is a big update, how do I test my links? Do I need to upload my entire site over to the server to test? Or is there a way to do this without viewers being able to see me working out kinks? Since I am new to all this, I don't know how long it will take me to fix all the glitches before it's ready to finally go live??...so any suggestions would be great!

As for the dropdown menu...I also think I figured that out last night as well...I have to say, either I am really smart, or this program is just so easy to use, a caveman could do it! LOL!!

I have high hopes for this site using this program...a lot of creative housewives are looking for something easy and affordable to build web-pages...this seems like the ticket. Heck, if I can use it, they sure won't have a problem!

Thanks again, and looking forward to learning more about testing...

JP
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  23:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't really need to export to test it.
If you look at the Properties panel on the right you see at the top some icons, the second icon (the little globe) is an excellent tool.
Click that and you can browse your complete site.

You can also test links on your computer as long as the links are not absolute like http://www.mysite.nl/page2.html
that won't work obviously because then the browser searches for a page that is located inside your domain.
You'll need links like:
page2.html and page3.html

As far as the dropdownmenu and smartness goes. Well maybe it's a bit of both[2 H:)]. Your smart and a cave man COULD do it.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

jpebdigital
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  00:19:34  Show Profile  Visit jpebdigital's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a-ha!

That makes total sense to me now!!

so as long as I link it to a page and not a absolute link, I can pretest it...good to know.

You are all so helpful, this could be dangerous, I may start coming here for answers to all sorts of important questions!!

I can't wait to show you all what the site looks like, hopefully the first part of the launch will be up tomorrow and I will be sure to share the link!

Thanks again!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000