Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 I am really starting to miss this feature.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2006 :  18:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that I can make a new window open in DHE by using a javacall but I really need to be able to set paramaters for this new window.

I want to be able to set the width and height, the location (so many pixels from the top of the screen and so many pixels from the left of the screen), I need to be able to set if I want this new window to have:
scrollbar, statusbar, menubar, toolbar and if a visitor can resize it.

Please, please, please, please Davide make this possible[2 H:)].

[5 ppp]

Martin

Edited by - Martin1 on 19 May 2006 18:24:02

msfluffymuffin
Practical

35 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2006 :  19:37:51  Show Profile  Visit msfluffymuffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin, I don't know if you know the varible's and parameter's for window.open(), but I will list them here for you if you don't and for anyone else, hopefully Davide will be able to add them in the future for us all :o)

Syntax:

window.open ( 'url' , 'name' , 'height , width , top , left , resizable , toolbar , menubar , scrollbar , location , directories , status' )

url = the page you want to open into window , eg. 'gallery.htm'

name = title of window , eg. 'my gallery'

height = height of window , eg. height=200

width = width of window , eg. width=250

top = postion of window from top of the screen , eg. top=50

left = postion of window from left of the screen , eg left=10

resizable = make window resizable , eg. resizable=yes

toolbar = give window a toolbar , eg. toolbar=no

menubar = give window a menubar , eg. menubar=yes

scrollbar = give window scrollbars , eg. scrollbar=yes

location = give window an address line , eg. location=no

directories = give window directory buttons , eg. directories=no

status = add status bar to window , eg. status=yes

Note: you can use either yes/no or 1/0 for paramaters, eg. toolbar=no / toolbar=0 , toolbar=yes / toolbar=1

Example:

window.open ('news.htm', 'mynews', 'height=100, width=400, top=50, left=50 , resizable=yes , toolbar=yes, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes ,location=yes , directories=yes, status=yes')

I hope this is of some help to you Martin, take care :o)

Hugs,
Fluffy xoxox
Go to Top of Page

msfluffymuffin
Practical

35 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2006 :  19:41:39  Show Profile  Visit msfluffymuffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooops, missed the ";" from the ends, sorry Martin :o(

syntax should be:

window.open ( 'url' , 'name' , 'height , width , top , left , resizable , toolbar , menubar , scrollbar , location , directories , status' );

Example should be:

window.open ('news.htm', 'mynews', 'height=100, width=400, top=50, left=50 , resizable=yes , toolbar=yes, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes ,location=yes , directories=yes, status=yes');

Hugs,
Fluffy xoxox
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2006 :  20:59:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Fluffy.

I do know the parameters for the window open action but everytime I use them in the javacall it gets messed up somehow. Bloody annoying.

So I will have to go into the source and reset them. This wouldn't be suchs a big deal if I didn't need to update the pages so often but seeing as I do I am getting somewhat irritated about the fact that I need to mess around in the source file eveytime for every page.

So adding these options to DHE would make live easier.

Martin

Edited by - Martin1 on 19 May 2006 21:00:05
Go to Top of Page

msfluffymuffin
Practical

35 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2006 :  21:31:25  Show Profile  Visit msfluffymuffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmm I see, well that kinda sucks, but I do see your point Martin....I mean about adding them as options, I think that would be pretty good too, so if your listerning Davide, I vote for the options to be added to a future DHE, please pretty pleaseeeeee :oD

Maybe while your at it Davide, could you do something about the Stencil drop down list, its to short to see the whole name of the stencel, wah :o(

Hugs,
Fluffy xoxox
Go to Top of Page

hrvol
Expert

Netherlands
81 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2006 :  11:35:18  Show Profile  Visit hrvol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hallo msmuffin,
Place mousecursor on "S" for Stencil - Move a little left. Mousecursor changes into arrows. Klik and drag to the left. Release button. And you wil have a whider properties area.

(is this what you mean?)

gr. Henk
Go to Top of Page

msfluffymuffin
Practical

35 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2006 :  15:58:18  Show Profile  Visit msfluffymuffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Hrvol, yeah that kinda helps, thank you :o)

Through I was thinking more along these lines: http://www.msfluffymuffin.com/dhe/stencileditorv1.jpg

Hmmm maybe I will do the same for window.open, I think a nice lil' editor with all the functions for that call on it would make it quicker and easier to add or edit it :o)

Hugs,
Fluffy xoxox
Go to Top of Page

msfluffymuffin
Practical

35 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2006 :  16:35:22  Show Profile  Visit msfluffymuffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Martin, Davide, I did a quick mock up of an editor for window.open, let me know what you think:

http://www.msfluffymuffin.com/dhe/woeditorv1.jpg

Hugs,
Fluffy xoxox
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2006 :  17:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something like that would be more than excellent!!!

Understandable, clean and easy. If something along those lines could be added that would be a great asset to the program.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

msfluffymuffin
Practical

35 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2006 :  01:11:34  Show Profile  Visit msfluffymuffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I'm glad that you like it Martin, hopefully Davide will considering adding it or something similar, through I wish DHE had both the windows.open editor and the stencil editor, would be nice little touches to DHE :o)

Hugs,
Fluffy xoxox
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2006 :  18:58:03  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello msfluffymuffin,

Yes, I have to make a better stencils list but for now I'm working on a very useful (and very very hard) feature that will permit D.H.E. to create complex graphical objects and navigation menus.

@Martin
And if I'll add a new line in the file javacall.ini with the window.open call with all the parameters?

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2006 :  22:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Davide,

I hope you are doing well and enjoying spring[4 8-)].

quote:
And if I'll add a new line in the file javacall.ini with the window.open call with all the parameters?

Well if this is the best you can do for the moment it's better than nothing and I welcome it[2 H:)] but I and probably many others would feel that being able to set these things our selves in a window like Fluffy's example
http://www.msfluffymuffin.com/dhe/woeditorv1.jpg
would be a great asset.

But maybe this is something for a future update. For now I would settle for your solution Davide as long as I am able to change the paramaters like the position of the window and so on.

Martin

Edited by - Martin1 on 22 May 2006 22:47:58
Go to Top of Page

msfluffymuffin
Practical

35 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2006 :  23:48:05  Show Profile  Visit msfluffymuffin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Davide,

I will be looking forward to your new feature, sounds really really wonderful and exciting, I can't wait to try this out when you finally complete it, through I'm sure it will be as great as all the other wonderful things you have created in DHE all ready :o)

Hmmmm well I really hope that you will think about adding something like the stencil editor I did a mock up of, okay that and the window.open editor, in some future version of DHE, I guess like Martin I see it as an asset, that DHE is a really great HTML editor and has potential to be the best. I do apologise for pushing the editor idea's on you Davide, I just want DHE to be the best ever, personally I feel your doing a really great job, keep doing what your doing, I love DHE :o)

Hugs,
Fluffy xoxox
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  19:04:13  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[5 ppp]

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000