Dynamic HTML Editor
 Checkboxes not in form in HTML
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JazzcatCB
Practical

46 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  19:12:27  Show Profile  Visit JazzcatCB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Davide,

I'm having a problem with forms. I have a form container which contains some labels, text fields, and several checkboxes. The problem is that when I export the HTML, the checkboxes do not appear inside of the form. I am certain that the checkboxes are inside the form in Dynamic HTML Editor. I have tried sorting everything, but that did not fix it. How do I get the checkboxes inside the form in the HTML?

Regards,
Chris

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  08:37:08  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First of all be sure that your checkboxes are in the form; if this is true by moving the form all its internal objects will be moved.
To draw a check into a form simply draw the check over the form.
Second tip: I suggest you to use relative positioning type for input elements (all form internal objects); this is more compatible.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

JazzcatCB
Practical

46 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  18:10:12  Show Profile  Visit JazzcatCB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I discovered that the checkboxes are all underneath the form. I tried sending the form to the back, but that did not work. Then I tried selecting a checkbox to bring it to the front, except that the "Bring to Front" tools were all greyed out and disabled for some reason.

I have 18 of these checkboxes, all individually named. They are all relatively positioned. I need them in my form. What should I do?

Edited by - JazzcatCB on 22 Aug 2005 18:11:46
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2005 :  08:45:40  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The "bring to front" doesn't work because your checkboxes are positioned in relative mode; see the help for this point.

To insert the checkboxes into the form act as follows:
- select all the checkboxes
- cut them (CTRL+X)
- select the form with the mouse
- paste them (CTRL+V)

When moving the form all its internal checkboxes should move.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

JazzcatCB
Practical

46 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2005 :  05:45:22  Show Profile  Visit JazzcatCB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your fix worked. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000