Dynamic HTML Editor
 WYSIWYG Web Builder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jedisb
Practical

26 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  16:43:54  Show Profile  Visit jedisb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/wysiwyg_web_builder.html

Has anyone tried this to see how it compares to Dynamic HTML Editor?

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  20:07:58  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jedisb

http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/wysiwyg_web_builder.html

Has anyone tried this to see how it compares to Dynamic HTML Editor?

Hello Jedisb how are you? It's a very long time that we don't talk

I've tried WEB Builder version 2 and like the previous version it remains a very good piece of software. The new version has some very nice ideas implemented like the Javascript library ready to use, the banner tool and the gallery tool but for now it has many limitations that Dynamic HTML Editor doesn't have.
There is a small list:

• 1- It doesn't produce W3C compliant code (Dynamic HTML Editor creates HTML/XHTML W3C code)
  • 2- You cannot rotate, enlarge ([2 ?:-|]) graphical objects (images); Dynamic HTML Editor uses two separated methods for resizing images; one applied when image is decreased, one used when the image is enlarged
  • 3- It's not possible to create shapes and apply graphical effects (Dynamic HTML Editor now supports 45+ graphical effects; the last version has Drop Shadow, Glow and some other very nice ) so you cannot create antialiased text for example
  • 4- It's not possible to create a page that contains some objects positioned using CSS (absolute positioning in Dynamic HTML Editor) and some others positioned using TABLE layout (relative positioning); only one positioning method is supported at a time
  • 5- There are no events, only rollover; Dynamic HTML Editor creates Dynamic HTML pages
  • 6- You cannot manage an entire site; only a page at a time
  • 7- It cannot edit CSS styles (Dynamic HTML Editor has a small style editor)
  • 8- It cannot creates font substitute (for computer that hasn't for example the arial font installed; Dynamic HTML Editor has a configurable fonts substitute)
  • 9- It hasn't automatic guides like FLASH MX (Dynamic HTML Editor yes )
  • 10- It cannot manage transparency!
  • 11- It cannot import pre-made HTML pages :-)
  • 12- It cannot reuse piece of pages in other pages

and so on...

But as I've said you below it remains a good piece of software with some very good ideas.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

jedisb
Practical

26 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  20:32:00  Show Profile  Visit jedisb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s.dav

Hello Jedisb how are you? It's a very long time that we don't talk

Hi. It has been a while.

quote:
I've tried WEB Builder version 2 and like the previous version it remains a very good piece of software. The new version has some very nice ideas implemented like the Javascript library ready to use, the banner tool and the gallery tool but for now it has many limitations that Dynamic HTML Editor doesn't have.

Was your comparison with Dynamic HTML Editor 2.x or Dynamic HTML Editor 1.8? Unfortunately I can only afford a free solution right now. I ended up not purchasing Namo as I had intended to a while back. But Dynamic HTML Editor 1.8 lacks some things I could really use. (They've been added in 2.x) Even though the price of Dynamic HTML Editor 2.x is reasonable I just can't afford it right now. (My little boy is ill and now we can't make the house payment this month.) [2 H:...(]

So how does Web Builder compare with Dynamic HTML Editor 1.8?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2005 :  20:51:35  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
;-) my review is:

Dynamic HTML Editor S.B. 2.x >> WEB Builder 2.x >> Dynamic HTML Editor 1.x

where '>>' stays for "better than" ;-)

There is also another good WEB Editor called Page Breeze; try it

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000