new user having problems with importing files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nandodaya
Novice

South Africa
4 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  22:47:40  Show Profile  Visit nandodaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi there all, i just got a copy of Dynamic HTML Editor from tucows and starting to use it. i got the freeimage.dll from sourceforge.net and copied the unzipped files to the windows/system32 folder as well as the Dynamic HTML Editor folder in prgram files folder
however i get an error message when i want to import a picture file into Dynamic HTML Editor 'the file "c:/filepath is not valid or is unknown"
now i am fairly new to all this stuff so forgive my ignorance
but where should i put these freeimage.dll files cause obviously this is where the problem lies
thanks all for the help
and another question, I have seen that the file > save as > does not include an html option, and maybe i should explore a bit furthere before i ask this but how exactly do you get your files in html format with this editor?

regards
nando

where have all the theories gone?

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2004 :  08:53:30  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello nandodaya,

first of all remove the freeimage.dll from your system path because Dynamic HTML Editor already have a copy of it and a new copy cause compatibily problems.

Then remove and reinstall Dynamic HTML Editor

For obtain HTML pages simply press the F12 key (export)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

nandodaya
Novice

South Africa
4 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  12:58:28  Show Profile  Visit nandodaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks davide, looking forward to working with Dynamic HTML Editor
some suggestions, the text editor does not wrap the text and the window cannot be resized
also my shadow editing does not work in the properties windows for all functions, it is just static nothing happens when i click on it

just thought i'd mention these things, will help you in development

regards
nandodaya

where have all the theories gone?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2004 :  08:20:42  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the suggestions ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000