some proposals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xarkonnen
Novice

Russia
10 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  15:44:12  Show Profile  Visit xarkonnen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1) usually site contain more than one page. I think it will be useful to add such feature as site organizer: the ability to mark a bunch of .dhe files to belong to one project. this may grant ability to make link from one site's page to another using .dhe file name, export all site-relating .dhe files in one click an so on.

2) I think it will be comfortable, if during importing image its ID inherit in some way the name of image's file. for example, if I import file "tuttifrutti.jpg", Dynamic HTML Editor give it ID "tuttifrutti", but not "Picture1".

3) I think such possibility will be useful as making a list of all installed browsers and choice one of them for preview from dropdown menu when clicking Preview button. for me, I have Mozilla/Firefox, Opera and, of course, IE installed, and to preview page in all of them I have to export it, start browsers and open page in every browser. this sucks ;-)

4) IE does not show PNG pics correctly (big tnanks to Microsoft). I fix this problem by adding a short line of HTML code to the page header and putting small script to HTML directory (thanks to experienced webdesigners from our township's network). but I have to do this manually for every project. I think it will be good to make such IE-PNG fix default feature of Dynamic HTML Editor.

5) I think it will be useful to add ability to import text to Label editor from text file.

6) I think it will be useful to add direct support of different codepages to Dynamic HTML Editor. this problem become fixed by adding proper line of code to the field "Head page code", but absence of direct codepage support sucks too ;-)

7) uff.. that's all for today, guys! :-)

vale!

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  08:57:17  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1- It's a good idea but now i have some other thinks to do ;-)
2- This is also a good idea ;-), I have to think to this point then I'll create this new feature on Dynamic HTML Editor 2.0
3- I think 99% of pages created of Dynamic HTML Editor is the same on all browsers ;-)
4- Please explain me this problem because I don't know it
5- Dynamic HTML Editor 2.0 already do this
6- Dynamic HTML Editor 2.0 already do this

Thank you for the support!

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

xarkonnen
Novice

Russia
10 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  10:15:55  Show Profile  Visit xarkonnen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
about 4)
the problem is:
if PNG pic with simply (1-bit) transparency used, IE shows ugly background in place of transparency.

if PNG pic with semi-transparency (256-bit alpha channel) used, IE shows gradient to white in place of semi-transparency.

the solution is:
a) dont use PNG on your pages, or
b) patch HTML code in the way described in message above.

I dont understand details of how patch work (I'm not programmer, yeah), but it works -- IE shows PNG in right way after it. if you want, I can send you this patch with instruction how to apply it.

btw, have you receive russian help files for Dynamic HTML Editor? I send them to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx last week.

vale!
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  13:48:26  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I've received all today ;-)
I have been out of home for two weeks ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

492 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  18:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where did you go?
You must stay here and work!!!
[3 :p] [2 H:)]

Ciao Ciao De.
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2004 :  09:03:57  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by De

Where did you go?
You must stay here and work!!!
[3 :p] [2 H:)]

[2 v]

I have been on holidays [5 !]

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

xarkonnen
Novice

Russia
10 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  00:23:55  Show Profile  Visit xarkonnen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
huh, where I'll stopped last time? ;-)

8) add feature smth like "smart copy"
for example: I create label Label1 and rectangle Rectangle1 and assign event to Label1 "show Rectangle1 on mouseover" (i.e., menu item hilite). if I select both of them, copy and paste, I'll get Label2 and Rectangle2, and events assigned to Label2.. but they'll point to Rectangle1! so, I have to delete existing events and create new. I think it'll be timesaving, if on copy/paste labels wth events they automatically changes.
I understand, this is not so easy-to-realize feature, but it's kool ;-) but another proposal is much more simple:

9) make events editable. I think it'll be useful, if one may edit event on selecting it in events editor. for example, on mouseover on Label1 Rectangle1 moves to (X, Y), on mouseover Label2 Rectangle1 moves to (X1, Y1). it will be kool, if one can create Label2 by copy/paste Label1, open events editor, select proper event and simply change X to X1 and Y to Y1 instead of deleting old event and creating new one.

10) zoom. in all vector and raster graphic editors one can choose magnifying glass tool, stretch a marquee anywhere in workspace and get a part of workspace magnifyed to fit editor's window. I think this will be useful in Dynamic HTML Editor too.

vale!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000