Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other hexagora products
 Programs (Programmi)
 Rapid File Get-Am I getting this correctly?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thcranky1
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2004 :  11:59:29  Show Profile  Visit Thcranky1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[2 ??:-|]

I am extremely interested up to this point in this Rapid File Get. However, there is no instructions with the program. I understand that to most it is probably a very simple situation but I am hesitant to simply start clicking here and there as a learning procedure. I would like to know a bit more about this program and proper use. Furthermore, I am currently seeing this program as an assistance with Yahoo Messenger and/or MSN Messenger file transfers. As I am sure you are well aware these programs do not offer the option to reconnect and continue with a file transfer if disconnected such as DC++ and K-Lite do. Am I understanding this Rapid File Get is to make this much needed ability possible in MSN and Yahoo Messenger file transfers? Finally I am also confused as to how exactly one is to fill in the file to download part as well as the destination directory. Destination example such as: C:Documents and SettingsUsernameDesktop...etc...?? hopefully that was correct but what about the filename part? I hope I'm seeing this program correctly as it is such a god-send if it enables the messenger file transfers to resume from a disconnect...that would be sooooo kick ass!! Thanks for any help, Thcranky1

Edited by - Thcranky1 on 08 Mar 2004 12:00:09

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2004 :  13:40:08  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, Thcranky1

The only purpose of RFG in to download a file and resume transfer if connection is lost.
Obviously the download is resumed if the server you are connected support the resume commands.
I don't use MSN and Yahoo Messenger so I can't help you for this question.

The program is very simple:
in the 'File to download' text put the exact URL of the file to be downloaded, in the 'destination directory' put the directory to place the file (ex. c:\temp) then press play (>).
During download file will be named file.rfg.

Regards, Davide

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

Thcranky1
Novice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2004 :  18:58:30  Show Profile  Visit Thcranky1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I appreciate your correspondance and yet I am sorry to do this as my response to you but...I need to further varify some things. So, idiosyncratically then, this program in and of itself functions as a file transferring program. What I mean is that it works like a file-sharing program like k-lite, Overnet, E-Mule and the like. Continuing from there, I sense that this program must also be in the possession of the friend or individual from whom you wish to recieve the data? So Rapid File Get simply makes a very easy connection ability fro two people to send data to one another. It is an extremely less hasslesome way to create a VPN in a matter of speaking, and it will also resume a transfer of data if the connection had been broken? Sorry for dragging you over the coals on this but I just am being thorough and safe. PEACE!!
Thanks Again,
Thcranky1

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

492 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  10:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Thcranky1, RFG work like FlashGet or GetRight, it isn't like p2p software.
It doesn't enstabilish a connection between two computer connected in internet, but connect a computer with a server web, like explorer does.
It's pourpose is only transfer a file from a server web (or ftp i think) to your machine like you can do when downloading some stuff from internet with your browser. The advantage of using RFG is that it can permit to resume "broken" downloads.

Ciao Ciao

Ciao Ciao De.

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  11:56:07  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very good De!

Regards, Davide

Edited by - on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000