Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other hexagora products
 Programs (Programmi)
 set class-instance = nothing recommended?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catweazle
Novice

9 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2013 :  17:21:30  Show Profile  Visit catweazle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My program consists of several dlls. Each of them instantiates the clsCommonWrapper and other frequently used classes in a central module. Up to now I never set those instances to "nothing" when terminating instances of my dll-classes.
(Im am currently investigating, why I get more and more often the message "...doesn't respond anymore" - either for my program or for the VB-IDE - when I close a window.)
Do you have any suggestion, where to set instances to nothing, which I instantiated in a sub main?

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2013 :  14:54:10  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IMO you don't need to set these instances to Nothing, I've never had such as problem and I've never set the instances to Nothing...

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

catweazle
Novice

9 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2013 :  17:06:20  Show Profile  Visit catweazle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanx, Davide. Perhaps I should check my virtual memory, as my program really loads a lot of classes...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000