PHP 5.3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eclassbud
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2012 :  02:11:26  Show Profile  Visit Eclassbud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our server upgraded to PHP 5.3 and now the email forms won't work. They send, but no user information shows in the fields.
example:

The website has sent you the following email...
Name:
Phone:
Email:
Type:
Button1:

Does anyone know how to correct this? Do I need to change the script?
Thanks.

rimsurfer
Practical

34 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2012 :  02:50:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check this site out, the script is reasonably priced and very stable and good, I found the support in the past fast and to the point. You can buy for one site or unlimited.

http://www.formtoemail.com

he also has an option to run the script on his server bypassing any issues with a server you or your client may be hosted on.

Edited by - rimsurfer on 20 Apr 2012 20:36:44
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2012 :  09:03:47  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check this page:

http://getluky.net/2009/02/24/php-_post-array-empty-although-phpinput-and-raw-post-data-is-available/

Probably your hosting provider team setup PHP in a wrong way...

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Eclassbud
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2012 :  20:02:20  Show Profile  Visit Eclassbud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ahaah! I found part of the problem. I'm not sure how to completely solve it. My form was constructed on the master page with the file extension PHP. When I construct the same form on a .PHP page it works perfect. Is there something that doesn't allow forms to be used on a master page?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2012 :  18:45:14  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The master-page will take the extension of the client page; obviously your client page has to have the php extension in order to be able to send emails; please send me the two pages and I'll check if there is a bug

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Eclassbud
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2012 :  21:03:52  Show Profile  Visit Eclassbud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Davide,

Thanks for looking at this. The site is still in development.
The URL is http://mylawyeraz.com.
I removed the master page from one of the client pages "white collar crimes" and added a copy of the form at the bottom of the page. The link for "white collar crimes" is in the left menu bar. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again for taking your time to look at this.
- Dave (Eclassbud)

Edited by - Eclassbud on 26 Apr 2012 05:56:26
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2012 :  08:47:46  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave,

I need the master-page and client page but in .dhe format because generated .php files cannot be seen completely in browser.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Eclassbud
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2012 :  16:32:43  Show Profile  Visit Eclassbud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops! I should know better. I sent the files via email.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000