Slide Panel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eclassbud
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2012 :  21:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Eclassbud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying use slide panel as an attention getter for a website's "call to action". Does anyone know of a way to make the loop stop on the last panel?
Thanks.

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  09:00:11  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry there isn't such as method

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rimsurfer
Practical

34 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  16:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eclassbud

One way I use to work around that without using a javascript product or tool is to create an iframe with DHE a little larger than the size of the would be slide, place it on the page where you would put the slide, add to the iframe code scrolling="no", create a folder to put the html pages for each would be slide, use the standard html controls for auto redirect (DHE has a tools panel tab for those under custom> misc> jump to url)create as many pages as you want, add your photos, what is really nice is you can easily add and change the standard text content and hyperlinks on these html pages, set each page to jump to the next at the frequency you want, then the last one to not jump - that will do what you want and it gives you more control.

found this work around about 7 years ago with dhe and was why I really liked the product as it is very flexible and easy to set up custom html page elements like this using standard html and basic javascript stuff. the ease of setting up and iframe with the wysiwyg option is awesome.

ps Using html pages vs a photo gallery gives you actual page hits to track, you can buttons on the pages to go forward or backward and you can then track that data and determine what they are interested in, this also gives them choices and more interactivity with the site - that is important too - I prefer this method over the "html jump"...

hope that helps you ...

oh pss you will want to put meta tags in the head section of each "slide" html page to tell the se's to index or not index them based on what you want done, (dhe now has a tool tab for this under custom!) also be sure to add a simple javascript code that returns them to the correct master page if they get indexed and returned in search engines or opened outside the iframe, they won't show as "orphans" out on their own without your site menus and wrapper.

Edited by - rimsurfer on 27 Mar 2012 18:38:50
Go to Top of Page

Eclassbud
Practical

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  17:42:26  Show Profile  Visit Eclassbud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
rimsurfer - Thanks for the short tutorial. Although your skillset is obviously above mine, I get it. I'll give it a try.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000