Password protect a page?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  20:24:48  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to password protect a page. No user id, just the same password for everybody.

How do I do that with D.H.E.?

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  21:44:43  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can always put it in a password protected directory on your server.
Or you can set it up in .htaccess
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  21:45:47  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.elated.com/articles/password-protecting-your-pages-with-htaccess/
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2010 :  22:04:29  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Toon... I'll give it a go...
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  16:15:13  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check also here:

http://www.dynamic-html-editor.com/en/extensions.asp

check the ASP or PHP protected page extension

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  02:54:29  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Davide: I don't see any docs, help file or instructions on how to use the php secure login extensions.

Can you give me a pointer to the docs?
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  11:47:59  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check the ASP Login extension, it works on the same way

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

rmmarsh
Super User

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2010 :  15:49:58  Show Profile  Visit rmmarsh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you... that did it...
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Expert

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2010 :  20:35:48  Show Profile  Visit Andy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, just trying to use this. When put login extension on a page am unable to change any of the properties, or rather can change them in the properties box but no change to the extension on the page ie wanted to change the colour and get rid of text at top of box? Any ideas?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2010 :  10:23:02  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why aren't you able to change properties of the Login Extension? Did you selected it before?

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Expert

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2010 :  18:32:03  Show Profile  Visit Andy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I put the extension on a new dhe page, selected it and tried to change colour. It shows changed colour in properties box, but not on the extension. Same for text. Just tried again with same result. Hmmm

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Expert

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2010 :  18:19:37  Show Profile  Visit Andy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have half solved it. The changes do appear on the generated page when you preview it, but dont appear on your work in DHE.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000