Tables not lining out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2009 :  12:00:18  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I make 2 tables and make them line out (top of one table to bottom of the other one) they don't keep their position if I use "cell-padding" for the top table. When I give the top table a cell-padding of 4 pixels, the bottom table is going down by 16 pixels.

any ideas?

--------

regards

Petran

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2009 :  12:37:43  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just made 2 tables and lined them up as you indicated with the top padded 4 px and the bottom 0 px with no problems as you experienced.(Firefox)I then padded both 4 px but still the same results. Perfect alignment. No other elements on page. Check your positioning (rel/abs).Check to see that other elements aren't affecting it.

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2009 :  09:18:17  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The height of tables in by default automatically managed by DHWE.
Try to uncheck the "AutoHeight" property.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2009 :  13:40:13  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I should have mentioned that in my post. i unchecked "auto-height" and made the tables duplicate sizes.

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2009 :  08:47:21  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe there is a problem, if you want send me a sample (in my personal email) and explain me in detail how to reproduce the problem so I can find it, if there is one ;-)

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2009 :  08:57:51  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems like it has something to do with the moment you put text in the table, right away or later when the other table is made. I will send you a mail one of these days.

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2009 :  08:55:40  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, thank you for the support

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2009 :  13:32:14  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I now know how to reproduce it: When you make your table in DHE and give it a cellpadding, then the table-cells (and the whole table)gets bigger in the DHE workspace, even if there is no text inside a cell. In the preview or online a cell without text still is its original size (before the cellpadding). Though the cells are smaller, the size of the total table is equel to the table in the DHE workspace, thus creating a transparent space at the bottom of the table. I'll send you a file.

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2009 :  12:29:29  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked the sample; there is a problem when using "cellpadding" property to the table.
D.H.E. doesn't generate this information for columns.
I fixed this problem for version 4.4 but probably I'll fix this problem also for version 4.3 as the next version is in high development.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000