download.dhe question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jani
Novice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  01:20:40  Show Profile  Visit jani's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I've managed to come up with a very out there question. At least the answer seems to be way out there.

I put a pageplaceholder on a page that becomes the placeholder for a restaurant menu and saved it as the Master-Page. I also put a navigation menu to the left side of the pageplaceholder box on the Master-Page, and created links to menu items.

I created all of the menu items on separate pages and saved them as files in the project. These are the pages that I linked to from the Master-Page navigation menu (i.e. Sandwiches).

The question is, I get error files for all the category menu pages (i.e. Sandwiches.dhe). The error file on all of them reads that the download.dhe file is not found. How do you get a download.dhe file in the project?

Thank you for any help on this important matter.

Janis Searcey

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2009 :  09:59:57  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Janis, I suppose you linked somewhere a file called download.dhe
Try to remove the link to that page using the "Batch Manager"

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

janisrae
Practical

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2009 :  23:18:36  Show Profile  Visit janisrae's Homepage  Reply with Quote
s.dav,

Thank you for your reply.

That helped get rid of the download.dhe file. Now I'm not sure
how to get the menu pages to load inside the pageprojectplaceholder.

Like I mentioned in my first message, I link to all of those inside menu pages from a navigation menu that is on the Master_Page.dhe. It appears that my inside menu pages don't want to open in the projectplaceholder. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thank you,

Janis

Janis Searcey
Web Development Services . Hosting . Marketing
Go to Top of Page

janisrae
Practical

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2009 :  23:23:24  Show Profile  Visit janisrae's Homepage  Reply with Quote
s.dav,

One more thing. How do I link to the Master_Page? Since the Master_Page is my main menu with the placeholder for the inside pages, I need to link to the main menu (Master_Page), but when I try to do that, I get an error message.

I guess I'm really confused on this Master_Page business, but it seems like once I figure it out, it'll make my designing life much easier.

Thank you again,

Janis Searcey
Web Development Services . Hosting . Marketing
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2009 :  08:36:18  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In every "child" page (pages which should be loaded into the Placeholder that you have on the master-page) specify on the page properties the "Master-Page" file.
Then try to export or preview the page; this will load the Master-Page and merge it with the content of the Child page

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000