Landing page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

verhijden
Practical

Netherlands
23 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  09:51:18  Show Profile  Visit verhijden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have a site www.verhijden.nl (photography, weddings, portret, etc.), of course as every site I have several pages... duhhh. But, when people search in Google, they come directly to my wedding page http://www.verhijden.nl/huwelijk.htm so they mis the complete make-up of my front-site. Is it possible that the Google search-hit will be redirected to the landing page www.verhijden.nl? Of course I still want that Google crawls my whole site

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  11:46:43  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is possible to do such as thing using Server Sessions but I suggest you to leave the site as it is because it is better.
In every case I suggest you to create the SiteMap of your site (there is a tool on D.H.E.) and publish it on Google

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  15:01:07  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On what keywords in google are you found when this occurs?
Go to Top of Page

joneq
Super User

433 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  15:31:57  Show Profile  Visit joneq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Imho you have too many meta keywords.data. Man--it is loaded. I am not sure google like that. Can be interpretted as something similar to spam..Try 10 good keywods max.

It may not be your problem, but still too many I think...

put the url in here

http://website.grader.com/tabid/6956/Default.aspx

Edited by - joneq on 25 Nov 2008 18:47:16
Go to Top of Page

verhijden
Practical

Netherlands
23 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  16:19:51  Show Profile  Visit verhijden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneq

Imho you have too many meta keywords.data. Man--it is loaded. I am not sure google like that. Can be interpretted as something similar to spam..Try 10 good keywods max.

It may not be your problem, but still too amny I think...

put the url in here

http://website.grader.com/tabid/6956/Default.aspx

Trust me Google, likes this In my neighbourhood as a photographer I am at the first Google page
@Davide, yes I have already a sitemap created[2 H:)] So this is not a solution....
Go to Top of Page

joneq
Super User

433 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  17:34:39  Show Profile  Visit joneq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It would be good to know what people are searching for [terms] when this happens--like TOON asked.

It sounds like you are saying you rank high because of so much meta data/keywords. It does not mean you are on the first page "because" you have so many keywords/phrases...The amount is not the main reason anyone is or isn't ranked high. It is just one factor--How do you know it would not rank better with fewer or have you tested it?

I think everyone here could benefit by being pointed to the legitimate article/articles that says more is better...Preferably something from google

I am not all that familiar how google works, but could it be possible that google sends people to the page it thinks they want based on keywords you supply..Or maybe it is the highest ranked page on your site,as ranked by google, is where google will send people?

If I was you I might cut to the chase and ask my question in a good seo forum. I am not saying the people here do not know, just that it is not the speciality.

Of course..please post back with the solution if you do that...

Go to Top of Page

joneq
Super User

433 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2008 :  19:00:44  Show Profile  Visit joneq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thoght the site looked a little funny so I checked it out in another browser and there it looked much better. In My browser of choice {maxthon] there is a setting for how you want to open links on pages and I have it set to open links in page in a new tab--so it opened the .htm page---the one you say google sends people to.

If I disable open links in this tab then it works with the iframe..

I have to disagree with David about people being sent to that page rather than the one verhijden want them to--I think it should direct them to www.verhijden.nl if at all possible--after all not everyone is looking for a wedding photographer and they will not see anything else as I do not see a link back to the home page from that www.verhijden.nl/huwelijk.htm" target="_blank">http://www.verhijden.nl/huwelijk.htm page

An xml sitemap is a good idea though--for every site..
Go to Top of Page

verhijden
Practical

Netherlands
23 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2008 :  09:22:26  Show Profile  Visit verhijden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joneq

It would be good to know what people are searching for [terms] when this happens--like TOON asked.

It sounds like you are saying you rank high because of so much meta data/keywords. It does not mean you are on the first page "because" you have so many keywords/phrases...The amount is not the main reason anyone is or isn't ranked high. It is just one factor--How do you know it would not rank better with fewer or have you tested it?

I think everyone here could benefit by being pointed to the legitimate article/articles that says more is better...Preferably something from google

I am not all that familiar how google works, but could it be possible that google sends people to the page it thinks they want based on keywords you supply..Or maybe it is the highest ranked page on your site,as ranked by google, is where google will send people?

If I was you I might cut to the chase and ask my question in a good seo forum. I am not saying the people here do not know, just that it is not the speciality.

Of course..please post back with the solution if you do that...

I did not test with fewer keywords. It's just my experience that lot of keywords will work.

And sorry, I don't have a Google search example where Google jumps immediatly to http://www.verhijden.nl/huwelijk.htm instead of my homepage. But I saw it several times.... But I general I can say there is no solution for my problem as I read here.
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2008 :  11:30:50  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do all your pages have the same keywords, title, description etc?

That can be part of the problem.
Go to Top of Page

verhijden
Practical

Netherlands
23 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2008 :  14:13:19  Show Profile  Visit verhijden's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T00N

Yes, ore or less. This could be the solution! Thx Toon!
Go to Top of Page

joneq
Super User

433 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2008 :  16:48:25  Show Profile  Visit joneq's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And sorry, I don't have a Google search example where Google jumps immediatly to http://www.verhijden.nl/huwelijk.htm instead of my homepage. But I saw it several times.... But I general I can say there is no solution for my problem as I read here.

quote:

another thing might be to try researching this "no follow"

http://www.robotstxt.org/meta.html

Go to Top of Page

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2008 :  08:04:56  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T00N

I have a tendency to agree with TOON in this order...Title, description, keywords.By my experience of more than several years upon moving my site up in page rank based on the most relevant word I wanted Google to point people to my page I have been able to position my site where I want it.Page title more than anything had the one single biggest effect.

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000