Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 Import site from Photoshop or Illustrator?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

computerlove
Novice

Mexico
6 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  09:51:50  Show Profile  Visit computerlove's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'd like to know if DHE can import a site designed in Photoshop or Illustrator.

Edited by - computerlove on 27 May 2008 09:52:29

Jan van Londen
Super User

Netherlands
208 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  13:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Jan van Londen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello ...Love,

The answer is yes, the problem is: How much does it change. I would say, try before you . . .

Bye,
Londen.
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  14:52:37  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you work with DHE there's no need to import from photoshop.
Anything you can do in PS you can do in DHE, faster and better.
Go to Top of Page

Jan van Londen
Super User

Netherlands
208 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  17:27:33  Show Profile  Visit Jan van Londen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course you are right Toon, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to import your old stuff and work on it with DHE in the future?

Bye,
Londen.
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  19:10:33  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not in my case, I can duplicate it in DHE in a very short time and make some improvements at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

richinri
Expert

78 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  01:31:57  Show Profile  Visit richinri's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Site importing between programs the overwhelming majority of the time is a nightmare of fixes and edits. I avoid it like the plague.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

computerlove
Novice

Mexico
6 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  05:41:00  Show Profile  Visit computerlove's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi Jan, t00n, richinri, thanks for the replies :)

I'm almost done with the site, I did it in Illustrator because all the elements are in vectors, but after finding about DHE (which seems TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!) I was thinking about giving it a go and exporting it as a format that DHE supports.

So, what do I need to do?
Export everything as "alpha PNG" and just position the elements? LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  15:52:02  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your right, its just that easy but you have to choose the 300 dpi rendering for high quality.

--------

regards

Petran

Edited by - petran on 28 May 2008 15:53:19
Go to Top of Page

computerlove
Novice

Mexico
6 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2008 :  13:58:10  Show Profile  Visit computerlove's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@petran: Why at 300dpi? Isn't the web 96dpi?
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2008 :  19:34:36  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes it should be enough, but I tried to export an Illustrator project as a PNG at 72 or 96 dpi and it looked terrible in DHE. When I exported with a 300 dpi resolution it was of the same quality as in Illustrator. Its a bit strange but it's the result that counts don't you agree?

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  11:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the web 74 or even 72 dpi is enough. Any higher and it is pointless.

[2 H:)]

Martin
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2008 :  16:32:55  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're absolutly right. The first time I made a test with exporting an object from Illustrator to PNG and used it in DHE. I rendered it at 72 DPI. It looked like crap. So I exported again in 300 DPI and the quality was OK. That's why I said so before and called it strange. After your message I tried it again with a newly made object and text to show you how its done [2 :!!] [3 ~-)].
Strange enough (or not because 72 DPI should do the trick) my exported PNG rendered at 72 DPI got the same quality as in Illustrator. Probably something went wrong the first time.

--------

regards

Petran

Edited by - petran on 02 Jun 2008 16:43:32
Go to Top of Page

Martin1
Super User

Netherlands
626 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  00:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't you get the memo petran?

I am always right[3 :p][3 x:-)]
Go to Top of Page

petran
Super User

Netherlands
345 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2008 :  08:40:23  Show Profile  Visit petran's Homepage  Reply with Quote

--------

regards

Petran
Go to Top of Page

computerlove
Novice

Mexico
6 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2008 :  09:20:04  Show Profile  Visit computerlove's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thx :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000