Dynamic HTML Editor
 User wishlist
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jneh75
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  19:01:11  Show Profile  Visit jneh75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have just tried DynamicHTMLeditor v.4.x.

I must say I like it a great deal because it complies to the W3C standards.

However, I have found quite difficult to create a form because the submit button is not so intuitive to insert and configure. Perhaps, in the "input fields" options it might be a good idea to add "submit button" in the items (and once the submit button is inserted it would disappear as there can only be 1 submit buton per form). Same comment about the reset button.

My choice is not to buy it (this application) because I was looking for a program offering the possibility to create a site structure. The aim of doing this is to create buttons with pulldown menus in order to navigate through the website. I haven't managed to create pulldown menus after inserting buttons. This is a problem.

An extra bonus in the program would be to generate a simple script to submit forms to an e-mail address.

Thank you for reading me. I hope my most wanted features (site structure + pulldown menus) will be implemented so I can purchase an upcoming version of your product.

Best wishes,

Bertrand

Edited by - jneh75 on 20 Apr 2008 19:01:52

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2008 :  22:34:53  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check out the tutorials!
http://www.dynamic-html-editor.com/en/tutorials.asp

An alternate method of dropdown menus other than javascript.CSS!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=css+dropdown+menu&btnG=Google+Search[/url]

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com

Edited by - jtarin on 21 Apr 2008 09:09:17
Go to Top of Page

jneh75
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2008 :  09:17:40  Show Profile  Visit jneh75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bad user support as well. "Go see where it is"

Had already looked at the tutorials...
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2008 :  11:08:14  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@jneh75

Can you explain me better what do you intend for "site structure"?
Actually the program can manage folders and sub-projects but I cannot figure out what is the "site structure".

>it might be a good idea to add "submit button" in the items
> (and once the submit button is inserted it would disappear as
> there can only be 1 submit buton per form). Same comment about the reset button.

You are right but the "Submit" and "Reset" buttons can be customized so I prefer to maintain them visible on the form. It is also possible to use a Shape or Image for the "Submit" button (there is an option).

The pulldown menus are in development for newer versions.

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page

jneh75
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2008 :  14:20:46  Show Profile  Visit jneh75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply.

>Can you explain me better what do you intend for "site structure"?
>Actually the program can manage folders and sub-projects but I cannot >figure out what is the "site structure".

Site structure:
for example displaiying a windows showing the hierarchy of pages.
E.g.:
- Home
- Discography
-- Album 1
-- Album 2
- Book
-- Book 1

This would let the choose what pages will be included in the navigation bar.

The nav bar wouldn't be generated automatically so the user can insert more than one navigation bar if he wants to.

> You are right but the "Submit" and "Reset" buttons can be customized > so I prefer to maintain them visible on the form. It is also
> possible to use a Shape or Image for the "Submit" button (there is
> an option).

Maybe, it is possible to include the two buttons by default when creating a form. The user would simply have to change the shape of them (the buttons). It would solve the problem of configuring the submit and reset buttons.

I still haven't found the option for the Submit button. Can you help please?

> The pulldown menus are in development for newer versions.

That's fantastic. Sounds great. :-)

Edited by - jneh75 on 22 Apr 2008 14:22:19
Go to Top of Page

T00N
Super User

573 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2008 :  15:57:14  Show Profile  Visit T00N's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Site structure:
for example displaiying a windows showing the hierarchy of pages.
E.g.:
- Home
- Discography
-- Album 1
-- Album 2
- Book
-- Book 1

This would let the choose what pages will be included in the navigation bar.

I create the hierarchy in my head and on paper.
And then I make the menu.

The hierarchy only exists in the navigation menu, for the rest it's all loose and separate pages, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

jneh75
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2008 :  17:36:38  Show Profile  Visit jneh75's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I agree.
The only aim of the hierarchy is to simplify the selection of the pages for the navigation menu.
Easier and faster when you have dozens of pages.
Go to Top of Page

jtarin
Super User

Russia
444 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2008 :  22:46:35  Show Profile  Visit jtarin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jneh75

Bad user support as well. "Go see where it is"

Had already looked at the tutorials...

If you want the best user support you should request help on one subject at a time rather than a laundry list of complaints.
I don't seem to recollect where you mentioned in your post that you read the tutorials or searched the site or even read the help files. Your assuming that not only should someone be able to answer your post as you desire, but also be capable of reading your mind.

Porky
www.pacificwavetour.com
Go to Top of Page

s.dav
Site Admin

Italy
3364 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2008 :  12:27:33  Show Profile  Visit s.dav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
>I still haven't found the option for the Submit button. Can you help please?

Just draw a button (choose it from the "input fields" menu) then change the "Type" property to "Submit"

Regards, Davide
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000