Hexagora Forum
Hexagora Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 problems with file attachments

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cefarelli Posted - 04 Oct 2010 : 14:43:00

when trying to download the attached files, error is reported. Error 404
Can anyone help me?
thanks
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kooliuypilsa Posted - 21 Sep 2016 : 02:05:39
when trying to download the attached files, error is reported. Error 404
Can anyone help me? Today is my lucky day to find your great website online, awesome! and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work
kooliuypilsa Posted - 21 Sep 2016 : 02:02:20
quote:
Originally posted by leonardnestor

quote:
Originally posted by Cefarelli

sorry I forgot the error message.
It is the following:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

?Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
?If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
?Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

?Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
?Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for phenq on http://phenqwiki.com/read-full-phenq-review for fat loss, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

P.S. when working offline, the attached files I can download them. There are no problems.
thanks
Today is my lucky day to find your great website online, awesome! and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
[url=http://www.buycrazybulks.com/]crazy bulk[/url]

I had similar problem as yours. Everything was placed correctly. Checked so many times if I missed anything. Finally found that some additional characters were added to folder names on the site. Now got it fixed. Thanks for your post!

leonardnestor Posted - 16 Aug 2016 : 08:44:00
quote:
Originally posted by Cefarelli

It is the following:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

?Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
?If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.

?Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
?Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for phenq on http://ohdivinehealth.com/phenq-review/ for fat loss, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

P.S. when working offline, the attached files I can download them. There are no problems.
thanks

I had similar problem as yours. Everything was placed correctly. Checked so many times if I missed anything. Finally found that some additional characters were added to folder names on the site. Now got it fixed. Thanks for your post!
Cefarelli Posted - 06 Oct 2010 : 10:38:07
I solved my problem. I was wrong to place the folder with files attached.
Thank you all for your help.
s.dav Posted - 06 Oct 2010 : 08:48:58
Giuseppe,

please check to have uploaded also the attached files (pdf, zip, etc...)
In the "Publish Project" (Pubblica Progetto) you need to be sure that the flag "Recurse Subfolders" has been checked.

Be sure also that your attachments are inside your site folder!

candid Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 15:20:59
Great News,

I hope you find the solution, or should I rather say the "path to the documents" on the server.

George
Cefarelli Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 15:15:42
the problem is in the export? Could be a mistake where I placed the file attachments?

Thanks again for your help
candid Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 14:46:30
Cefarelli,

If I remove the /export sito/ in the URL it works, I think you need to make your changes there, see the link below.

http://www.icpianellovt.it/allegati/Pof_2009_10.pdf

the other PDF I have no idea what the correct URL is, you will have to recheck yourself, and try not to put any spaces in the URL.

Regards - George
petran Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 14:38:49
Are you sure these downloadable files are uploaded?
Did you check Recurse subfolders in the options tab of the Publish project window?
Cefarelli Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 13:51:03
In the first URl there is the link. In the second URL the file attachment.
http://www.icpianellovt.it/pof.htm

http://www.icpianellovt.it/export%20sito/allegati/Pof_2009_10.pdf
candid Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 11:35:25
It sounds as if the Link/URL to the documents are wrong, can you give us an example of a URL to a document or PDF if possible please?
Cefarelli Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 10:47:56
It is the following:

The page cannot be found

?Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

thanks

Cefarelli Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 09:49:54
I created pages where site visitors can download files. The files have the extension doc, pdf or zip.
When you try to download them, the browser responds with the error message: you do not find the file.
thanks again
s.dav Posted - 05 Oct 2010 : 09:11:07
Which attached file? Please explain your problem in details...

Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000