Hexagora Forum
Hexagora Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 Dynamic HTML Editor
 Menu effects

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
doransmolias2002 Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 02:17:49
Hi,

I am trying to build a menu where clicking on a menu button will have a white bar appear above that button when the page loads so the user knows what page they are currently on by looking at the menu.
I have tried using the graphical menu for the basis of my menu and then have placed white rectangle boxes on top of all the buttons. I then use the events sections in the graphical menu options and use onclick show the desired rectangle while hiding the other rectangles. When I do this the link becomes nonfunctional, so I added an onclick link event. Now the link works but when the page loads the rectangle I want to stay above the menu button disappears after the page loads. I suspect the reason is because when the new page loads the onclick event has not occurred therefore the events to show and hide rectangles are not run. I tried making an onload event for each page to show and hide the rectangles but they are not selectable objects in the drop down list. I am using a masterpage system for this menu.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
T00N Posted - 26 Jan 2010 : 07:48:13
quote:
Originally posted by doransmolias2002

Thanks...used Petran's solution works well (take a look if you like: www.drjohnkania.com), unfortunately don't have much knowledge of php,css or asp maybe when I have some time I will look into studying it...

Doran

I like what you did with the first capitols!
joneq Posted - 26 Jan 2010 : 06:17:19
http://blog.themeforest.net/screencasts/diving-into-php-video-series/

There is a link to a nice php video tutorial--doesn't go too deep but very easy to understand and pretty short--compared to others

I think everyone needs to know some php--then MAYBE asp
doransmolias2002 Posted - 26 Jan 2010 : 03:46:46
Thanks...used Petran's solution works well (take a look if you like: www.drjohnkania.com), unfortunately don't have much knowledge of php,css or asp maybe when I have some time I will look into studying it...

Doran
petran Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 09:11:41
There is a more simple solution. Just make your masterpage placeholder big enough to cover your menu. Then in each page, place one rectangle above the menu of that page. There is no need for that link to work since you are already on that page. You could make your menu partial transparent and place the rectangle beneath it. In that case the link will keep working.
I did something similar on this site: www.wereldboom.com
2hats Posted - 25 Jan 2010 : 04:58:40
Seems a lot of work, and will probably end up with bloated code anyway.

Best to look for a css solution....try http://www.cssplay.co.uk as there are lots of examples there to use as a base.

If you want to show what page you are on, then use php (or asp!!!!) to dynamically set the style for the <li> class

Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000