Hexagora Forum
Hexagora Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forum & Site (Forum e Sito)
 OT (OffTopic, Vario)
 Needing some suggestons for creating a Photo Album

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shadowchaser Posted - 08 Mar 2006 : 16:25:50
Hello..
I would like to create a Photo Album page that has small pictures on it that will load fast and when a single smaller picture is clicked would then cause the larger picture to show with-in a certain area of that same page. I know how to hide larger pictures already but placing several large pictures on a page makes it load very slowly.
So basically I am hoping to figure out how to make the larger load up only when the smaller button pic is clicked.
I could of course make it so that the larger picture loads in a seperate browser window but thats a lot of new browser windows. Much better if they load on the same page as they small pictures are.
Thanks for any help with this.
shadowchaser

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jtarin Posted - 11 Apr 2006 : 04:52:44
Porta is my Album software of choice after trying many other fine ones.
Shadowchaser Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 23:53:03
It may be a while yet before I can try these programs out but I just had a look at them. I didnt realize that there were freeware programs like those avaiable. So thanks again for the very good information
sincerely
shadowchaser
Shadowchaser Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 23:21:02
Ok, thank you both for the help. I will look at the programs and I have also found some code that may work. Since I travel I figure I might as well put some pictures online.
Dhe is great amd I am looking forward to using future versions. As for slide shows that also might work.. Im sure Dhe is the best editor around so lets blow the rest away...from the USA
thanks again
shadowchaser
s.dav Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 18:56:32
As lubu says,

I think it should be better if you use an external program to make a photo album; after this you can insert the final pages into the Dynamic HTML Editor project without problems;

It's possible with Dynamic HTML Editor, the next version will have a new Object called Slide Picture that permits you to create Slide Shows but it's a bit different from what you want.
In this version it's possible but you need a minimal knoledge of the HTML language :-(

Maybe I'll create a new feature in the future versions ;-)
but first I've to make many other interesting features ;-)
lubu Posted - 09 Mar 2006 : 16:21:02
I did this using Porta and Simpleviewer (both freeware), that are less powerfull but very easy to use compared with JAlbum.

This are the results: www.lacasadimarypoppins.it/album01/index.html

The only drawback is that the Simpleviewer results are center aligned and there is no way to change this setting.

Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000