Hexagora Forum
Hexagora Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forum & Site (Forum e Sito)
 Advice, idea and suggestions
 Responsive Mobile Site Design

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WebSupport101 Posted - 11 Jul 2014 : 06:27:46
Google is pushing the responsive mobile website format as the recommended format ie code that renders the same content into what ever device they are using versus the redirect to a separate folder different scaled down content many of us have been using up to now. I am seeing some ranking drops on sites that were number 1 for a long time and this seems like it may be the issue ( especially on mobile device search engine returns ) soooo ... are there any plans for a built in CSS option in DHE to accomplish this task ( rather than trying to hand modify the code ) ?

Thanks for your feed back if anyone has figured out clean work arounds for the code for now.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Martin1 Posted - 09 Mar 2015 : 10:53:54
Any heads up on this?
s.dav Posted - 03 Aug 2014 : 22:35:54
The idea is to permit both, variable width elements with breaking points
StudentDonald Posted - 02 Aug 2014 : 11:26:59
"We have thought a lot about this topic and we think we'll add the support for responsive designs starting from the next version of our product :-)"

Wow!!! Very interesting! This would certainly put me back in the loop as a potential customer. My email is current, please send info when someone has time.

Of course you cannot give us a time line and that's understandable. I do have one question you may be able to answer. Would your responsive program have fixed page widths with break/variant points, a percentage to fit any width screen or a choice between the two?

Thank you WS101 for asking and thank you Davide!
Donald
s.dav Posted - 27 Jul 2014 : 23:15:34
mail sent
WebSupport101 Posted - 25 Jul 2014 : 07:06:46
yes. Thank you
s.dav Posted - 25 Jul 2014 : 06:33:25
Is the email in your profile correct? I'll send you some info
WebSupport101 Posted - 24 Jul 2014 : 12:41:42
Hey, I've never posted a rant like this, I hope it is ok here. I guess I've either been really careful or just able to work things out on software over the years. But, If any of you are researching responsive sites and itching to get going on it before DHE designs it in you may want to read this. Well, I thought I would get started and improve my learning curve as this gets developed here. It really is a massive change in CSS and how they handle all elements of the site/page. Well, I got burned bad. First, there really is nothing else out there in a "desktop program" like that right now. I did download and try the 2 or 3 wannabes which trying to use layers or other gimmicks to do it, and found they hadn't really worked it out yet at program interface level. There are lots of editors if you know how to code and find all the change spots.

Here is the bad ... beware of Coffee Cups Responsive product. I put about 6+ hours in the trial and it looked weird but I thought I was hung up on getting the correct template to modify. The only way to get the one I wanted and work with it was to purchase the program with the templates. $118. Well after an hour I could see that the problem was in the lack of any real documentation on how to use the tools in the program. After 2 hours it appeared they had other problems. I checked their support forum and found very clear blogs about the exact same thing I was going through and they were not being listened too or getting any real help. Since I only had it for 2 hours, I emailed and asked for a refund as it was not going to work for me. Well I opened up a can of hurt on me. I was immediately refused one based on their policy. After I emailed back and forth a few times and was insulted numerous times the head of support called me a thief trying to keep it and steal it from them. In my 30 years in the computer industry I never was treated that way and there was no call for it. I went back after that and worked another 1.5 hours with their stuff just to be sure I knew what was going wrong, well their template to program interface has bugs in it. When you use their buttons and tools to change the css settings on elements in the template, like background, borders, colors, etc it does not export those changes to the publication folder. It shows you made them on the viewer but it will not create a fresh css file with them in it - it appears you would have to go find them in a huge dual css file system and change both copies manually. Anyhow, that was my experience. I'm putting this here hoping it will save any others the grief ... and also for those of you who are new to DHE that I've been with them over 7 years now and NEVER have I been treated badly at all, no matter what support or question I needed to ask from general to specific help or with a license or anything. Their product is bullet proof and the best WYSWYG editor out there and I can imagine when they go to responsive options it will be too. I would not leave them, just got in a hurry to get this going and figure it out. My bad I guess. But hope this helps in the forward movement to Responsive Sites in DHE. Davide there is nothing out there at desktop level that offers the kind of ease of use of tools and design creation you offer in DHE, I would think if you can put together something as well done in Responsive you would have a real good niche market looking for it. I am willing to pay for it. I think as the web progresses we are forced to adapt to this method of rendering websites. Thanks!
WebSupport101 Posted - 24 Jul 2014 : 11:27:07
Do you have any time frame in mind when that release may be coming out?
WebSupport101 Posted - 18 Jul 2014 : 04:08:48
Do you have any time frame in mind when that release may be coming out?
s.dav Posted - 17 Jul 2014 : 23:51:22
Actually we don't have such as info
WebSupport101 Posted - 17 Jul 2014 : 16:20:08
Thanks for the info and glad to hear that, will need it soon. Do you have any time frame in mind when that release may be coming out?
s.dav Posted - 13 Jul 2014 : 22:52:48
We have thought a lot about this topic and we think we'll add the support for responsive designs starting from the next version of our product :-)

Hexagora Forum © s.dav Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000